Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    xweb10's Avatar

    Posts
    270 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

    Default Soak Test Invite Time

    Hopefully the camera fix is near!

    See here:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Yeah, and risk breaking/losing root? Uh-uh.

    fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
  3. #3  
    SeigaGen's Avatar

    Posts
    624 Posts
    ROM
    Kang/CM10

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Its for sure the camera... I just hope it also unlocks band 4 LTE. That would be sweet as hell!!!

    Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Motorola Droid Maxx

    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

    Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    raichur0xx0rz likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    xweb10's Avatar

    Posts
    270 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    I just hope it also unlocks band 4 LTE
    What is the benefit of that?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Can't wait! I'm tired of using focal when I could wrist twist.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Some on the moto x forum mentioned improved idle drain in addition to the camera improvement

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Yep...I got an invite today.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

    US Navy CPO Ret
    skatergirl likes this.
  8. #8  
    SeigaGen's Avatar

    Posts
    624 Posts
    ROM
    Kang/CM10

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by xweb10 View Post
    What is the benefit of that?
    Opens up more pipes in the bandwidth line and allows for faster speeds. Right now, Verizon uses Band 13 I believe, but now that 99% of the country is on that band with Verizon, they are ready to open up some new lanes on the highway, which is what Band 4 is. Phones older than the S4 won't have it with a few exceptions here and there.

    This also allows you to use T-Mobile's frequency as well if you want to switch SIM's with T-Mobile since they're system is already in Band 4. Some of the other companies also use Band 4 in other countries, which makes for having more LTE options available. The Maxx is a world phone at the same time.

    You should see significant speed increases. Right now though, New York is the only city that has Band 4 Verizon I believe, with the other major cities coming this November.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

    Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #9  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    How does one receive an invite to the soak testing?

    53N7 from my DMaxx V1A 7APA7ALK
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    How does one receive an invite to the soak testing?

    53N7 from my DMaxx V1A 7APA7ALK
    You need to go to Motorola's site and join the .

    You can find instructions on that here:
    Thanked by 4:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Opens up more pipes in the bandwidth line and allows for faster speeds. Right now, Verizon uses Band 13 I believe, but now that 99% of the country is on that band with Verizon, they are ready to open up some new lanes on the highway, which is what Band 4 is. Phones older than the S4 won't have it with a few exceptions here and there.

    This also allows you to use T-Mobile's frequency as well if you want to switch SIM's with T-Mobile since they're system is already in Band 4. Some of the other companies also use Band 4 in other countries, which makes for having more LTE options available. The Maxx is a world phone at the same time.

    You should see significant speed increases. Right now though, New York is the only city that has Band 4 Verizon I believe, with the other major cities coming this November.
    I really hope this is the case as well. I'm only hopeful since the new S4 update is unlocking it, but we'll see if this Droid update is simply a "port" of the Moto X update...
  12. #12  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,311 Posts

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    I am ready for the camera update!!!
    ~Janet~
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Any day (or hour) now

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  
    p08757's Avatar
    ** Superhero **

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    I think you are correct!

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    How do y'all know it's only matter of hours or days?

    Sent From My Droid Maxx
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Drip, drip drip...

    Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  
    gbdog's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    I 3rd that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Screw this I'm going to sleep!!! Whoop Whoop!

    Sent From My Droid Maxx
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Update pushing out tomorrow for those that signed up...

    Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    The motoroot one touch app works after soak upgrade. No issues.

    Sent from my DROID MAXX
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGator View Post
    You need to go to Motorola's site and join the .

    You can find instructions on that here:
    I've been opted in since beginning of September, but haven't received any emails or an invite for the soak test (been checking spam folder too). Maybe there's a finite # of invites they send?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Ok, update just finished downloading. I'm holding off until I get some more charge into the battery. I'd like to take a quick roll call of everybody who's installed it, and if there are any issues? More interested in hearing from those who haven't rooted their phone, or returned it back to stock first.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by viper8315 View Post
    Ok, update just finished downloading. I'm holding off until I get some more charge into the battery. I'd like to take a quick roll call of everybody who's installed it, and if there are any issues? More interested in hearing from those who haven't rooted their phone, or returned it back to stock first.
    Haven't noticed any issues so far, seems to be running as well as it did before.
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Just got my notice. I think I will wait a little before installing.
  25. #25  
    LabRat's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Soak Test Invite Time

    Quote Originally Posted by phathands View Post
    The motoroot one touch app works after soak upgrade. No issues.

    Sent from my DROID MAXX
    Was your phone rooted with motoroot before the update? If so did you uninstall SuperSU and tap the Unroot button on motoroot before applying the update?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cover invite?
    By prissysox in forum HTC One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 07:38 PM
  2. Military Time
    By Elly44 in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
  4. AccuWeather wrong time
    By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  5. GALAXY NOTE 3: Network Signal & Speed Tests
    By The SPCS Guy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

B