Droid Maxx Screen Scratch-Resistant?

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my droid Maxx protected with a a screen protector from Verizon , but I'm getting tired of my fingerprints all over the screen. It didn't happen without the screen protector my screen was always shiny and clean. But my question is, does the screen scratch with the constant use ? I was told gorilla glass wasn't all that, but I wanna make sure the screen is safe without screen protector, so I can remove it and live natural lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It will scratch. Its resistant not scratch proof. A little pocket sand and you're living with scratches.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh lord, then I won't remove it Lol. Cause I'm in the Edge program and I wanna upgrade without a problem when I reach that point. Thanks

Sent From My Droid Maxx

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I used my Droid Razr (which had an earlier version of gorilla glass) without a screen protector or case, just tossed in my pocket each day (by itself in the pocket), and without looking at it super close, it only had 1 scratch after almost 2 years of use. That one scratch was from a time it slipped out of my pocket & wedged into the recliner mechanism of my chair at home for 2 days. Now if I looked at it really close, it probably had some really fine micro-scratches, but you had to really look for them. I hate most screen protectors, as many of them distort the picture or change the feel of the screen. I'd rather risk it than use any of those. I've heard good things about some protectors, including some made of glass, but until I have a chance to have some hands-on time with them to see for myself, I'm not going to shell out what they cost when I've had such good experience without one.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate most screen protectors, as many of them distort the picture or change the feel of the screen.

I have always used one of the wet-application, Zagg-style screen protectors. It does have a different feel - but, as with anything, you get used to it. There is no screen distortion. It also tends to have less of a problem with finger smears. They do get them, but they tend to go longer compared with bare glass.

To each his own, but, most of the time, the glass will scratch. (By the way, I've read that it may not be the glass that scratches, but the oleophobic coating that helps prevent finger smears on the glass, that scratches - but, in the end, it's a scratch whether it's the coating or the glass.)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright well I'll remove it then I wanna feel it natural hopefully it won't scratch in a while

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Try some iSmooth protectors before risking it. I have a pack myself but I haven't used them yet since I am using up the cheap VZW ones first. I used iSmooth on my Note II and they were excellent. Amazon sells them for about $10 for a pack of 3.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was always convinced that sp's were just a way for manufacturers to make more money until I got a scratch from it being in my pocket even with nothing else in that pocket except my phone. As mentioned it must have been a piece of dust or sand in my pocket.

Since I already have the scratch, I'm still rolling without a sp but the next new phone I get will definitely have one right out of the box.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Try some iSmooth protectors before risking it. I have a pack myself but I haven't used them yet since I am using up the cheap VZW ones first. I used iSmooth on my Note II and they were excellent. Amazon sells them for about $10 for a pack of 3.

Just bought the iSmooth protectors for my Note 2. While they really feel amazing, I was pretty disappointed with the fit. They were too small and did not fit to the edges. Going back to Tech Armor. They feel great and fit perfectly.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the iSmooth protectors for my Note 2. While they really feel amazing, I was pretty disappointed with the fit. They were too small and did not fit to the edges. Going back to Tech Armor. They feel great and fit perfectly.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

There is a reason for this. Most people who use screen protectors also use a case and if it was at the edge the case would peel it up. I had them on my Note II and the fit was excellent. Not one scratch after 6 months on my protector or phone. With the Samsung bumper case it was pretty much all covered.

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just put on the iSmooth protectors the other day. So far pretty happy. Just two little bubbles near the edge of my Verizon bumper. I saw some very light scratches on my screen from my keys.

Sent from Droid Maxx

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the i smooth protector and it fits great and is completely clear . I tested a bunch of other ones first and this is the only one that I've been remotely content with . I was seriously amazed at how clear it looked and how good it feels compared to any of the other ones I've tried especially the Verizon ones which are the absolute worst by far.
Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app