- 25 Posts
How do I restore stock recovery (100% stock) to take the OTA
The quick background is I mainly rooted to tether since I"m still unlimited, but honestly I haven't used it much, while I use the camera a ton. Balancing the two, I would rather have the camera. So I've been trying to find some info on how to restore the stock recovery since pwnmymoto removes it. The Droid line isn't well represented compared to the Moto X on all the forums and even though the information is largely the same I'm hesitant to follow it.
So here is my question, do I need to restore to 100% stock using RSD Lite or is there an easier way to restore my recovery so I can take the OTA without a bootloop? The only modification I"ve made is to use SQLite Editor to change a 1 to 0 to enable stock tethering. It seems like any info about this stuff is mostly how to maintain root through a backdoor way which isn't my plan at all.
- 10-31-2013, 09:38 AM #2
- 57 Posts
Re: How do I restore stock recovery (100% stock) to take the OTA
Me personally? I would chill out to take the OTA. Err on the side of caution, because the new update may break root permanently. It's quite possible that the enhancements in the OTA will be included in an easily flashable stock-based rom.
fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
- By roguetrader in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 11Last Post: 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
- By mrtwohands in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 11-05-2013, 11:57 PM
- By oldAGE in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM
- By doctorttt in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-31-2013, 12:01 PM
- By mchockeyvette27 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:54 AM