DROID MAXX will be upgraded to KitKat (Android 4.4)

Targetyou

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but to me this means that they are skipping over 4.3 and going straight to 4.4. Very exciting if so, as it could be very soon.

Targetyou

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed from Punit Soni via his Google +:

"We are moving directly to 4.4. I dont like to discuss timing. It just puts a lot of stress on the team, and there is always a chance we find something which delays us a bit.
Rest assured, we are on it. You have seen the speed with which we are moving as a Google company, that shall continue."

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed from Punit Soni via his Google +:

"We are moving directly to 4.4. I dont like to discuss timing. It just puts a lot of stress on the team, and there is always a chance we find something which delays us a bit.
Rest assured, we are on it. You have seen the speed with which we are moving as a Google company, that shall continue."

For something non-critical, I am fine with this.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i'm guessing january.

I hope the guys at Motorola can beat HTC, getting 4.4 onto the Moto X and the 2013 edition DROIDs ahead of the retail/carrier models of the One. HTC says 90 days from now.

But being in software development, I'm glad Motorola didn't publicly release a date.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Of course, Motorola also said more than a month ago that they will be fixing the Square Reader issue on the MAXX, and that hasn't happened yet. These things can happen quickly sometimes, but sometimes they take weeks or months. They're probably more motivated for 4.4 than the Square issue, though.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I hope the guys at Motorola can beat HTC, getting 4.4 onto the Moto X and the 2013 edition DROIDs ahead of the retail/carrier models of the One. HTC says 90 days from now.

But being in software development, I'm glad Motorola didn't publicly release a date.

this is the first time i can say this with an android phone....i am in no hurry for the next update. my phone runs pretty much the way i want it to. switching to KK could change that. just like it did on the razr maxx to JB.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
this is the first time i can say this with an android phone....i am in no hurry for the next update. my phone runs pretty much the way i want it to. switching to KK could change that. just like it did on the razr maxx to JB.

And what feature of KitKat do we all want.. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but to me this means that they are skipping over 4.3 and going straight to 4.4. Very exciting if so, as it could be very soon.

A good indicator will be when the X gets the update. We will probably be a month or so later, based on the current OTA status.

jlebouton

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The soak test invites already went out. I would assume that means something will happen pretty soon. Do we think they would push a bug fix instead of just waiting until they push kk? Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'm hoping we will see it very soon.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
With Verizon I'm hoping in will come before spring its usually about 6 months for updates with Verizon involved.

Posted via Android Central App

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs. I'm nervous about updating my phone after that terrible Ice Cream Sandwich update on my Bionic. That ICS was so bad that I went into verizon to see if they could put Gingerbread back on my phone, but they couldn't They told me it was better than Gingerbread, but it wasn't. It was way worse. It killed my battery and alot of my apps wouldn't work after that. Luckily in April the phone was updated to Jelly Bean. That one was much better. This time I'm going to wait before just updating it. I don't like that you can't get back to the old version if the new one doesn't work right.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ICS killed your Bionic? Really? it made mine so much better. It was like having a new phone. JB on the other hand made my Bionic a bit sluggish