How to permantly stop apps from running & keep RAM Smooth

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My Maxx is always 1GB - 1.2GB Free. What default or bloatware apps can I stop to make the free RAM bigger. I love the phone's performance and I wanna improve it if possible also since we will get 4.4 :)

Sent From My Droid Maxx

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
How much free are you expecting? You is and other things will take ram so 1gb free might be the norm

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't have a specific amount. I'm just trying to get rid of default unnecessary apps and keep phone as smooth as possible. I mean my maxx HD had only like 300MB free which was awful on my phones performance. But this one Has 1.1 free and I wanted to see if I could push it to 1.5 so it would be even smoother. Cause my droid command center widget doesnt even lag anymore like before which is making me love this phone way more

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Dude My Battery Life Improved 10000x Better ! Every 8-10 Minutes Of Constant Screen On Only 1% Goes Down ever since I disabled all of the bloatware! Holy f*ck!! :D

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
To disable bloatware apps is a good idea because it will free space on app storage :)
and saving processor power and therefore battery power.

But you won't see any effect on RAM usage like more free RAM.
And you don't need to worry about RAM usage :)
A process not running, just remaining static in RAM doesn't use processor power, that's why it doesn't consumed battery.
Android tries to hold processes in RAM, as many as possible, in case their apps would be started again. That's saving processor power and therefore battery power.
Android's efficient process management will automatically close unused processes when it needs to in order to optimize RAM usage.
"Not used RAM is useless RAM".

Last edited:

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
To disable bloatware apps is a good idea because it will free space on app storage :)
and saving processor power and therefore battery power.

But you won't see any effect on RAM usage like more free RAM.
And you don't need to worry about RAM usage :)
A process not running, just remaining static in RAM doesn't use processor power, that's why it doesn't consumed battery.
Android tries to hold processes in RAM, as many as possible, in case their apps would be started again. That's saving processor power and therefore battery power.
Android's efficient process management will automatically close unused processes when it needs to in order to optimize RAM usage.
"Not used RAM is useless RAM".

Yes sir I noticed a big difference In my battery performance and phone feels smootjer like an iPhone 5s lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's Linux. Free ram is wasted ram.

Try Qualcomm BatteryGuru if you really think unused apps are hurting your battery life. No root required.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy