Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Camera App for Droid Maxx

After learning that the Nexus 5 will not be available on Verizon, I've decided to buy a Droid Maxx. My concern is the camera, and I see two problems with the camera. First, it shoots stills in 16:9 ratio only, and I almost never want to compose in that ratio. Second, like all Motorola phone cameras, the image quality is not excellent. I'm hoping to solve both of these problems with a camera app. And my question here is judging by image quality alone (megapixel counts don't matter to me), what is the best camera app that will shoot in 4:3 aspect ratio or squarer (such as 1:1)? I've looked up prior threads and seen JB+, Procapture, and Camera Zoom FX mentioned, but it isn't clear whether any of these are better or worse on the question of image quality. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Best Camera App for Droid Maxx

I started using Shot Control on my HTC Thunderbolt and have carried it over to my Maxx. I -think- it is giving me better images, but I have only done a couple of pictures with both the stock camera app and Shot Control. I may try to post them later.

Shot Control has a bunch of uneven reviews, but the developer is very responsive, and I have had no issues with it on my Maxx.

Posted from my XT1080M
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Camera App for Droid Maxx

I've been using Camera Zoom FX for years and still really like it. Camera360 is also very good.