- 23 Posts
Best Camera App for Droid Maxx
After learning that the Nexus 5 will not be available on Verizon, I've decided to buy a Droid Maxx. My concern is the camera, and I see two problems with the camera. First, it shoots stills in 16:9 ratio only, and I almost never want to compose in that ratio. Second, like all Motorola phone cameras, the image quality is not excellent. I'm hoping to solve both of these problems with a camera app. And my question here is judging by image quality alone (megapixel counts don't matter to me), what is the best camera app that will shoot in 4:3 aspect ratio or squarer (such as 1:1)? I've looked up prior threads and seen JB+, Procapture, and Camera Zoom FX mentioned, but it isn't clear whether any of these are better or worse on the question of image quality. Thanks in advance.
- 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM #2
Re: Best Camera App for Droid Maxx
I started using Shot Control on my HTC Thunderbolt and have carried it over to my Maxx. I -think- it is giving me better images, but I have only done a couple of pictures with both the stock camera app and Shot Control. I may try to post them later.
Shot Control has a bunch of uneven reviews, but the developer is very responsive, and I have had no issues with it on my Maxx.
Posted from my XT1080M
- 11-02-2013, 08:00 PM #3
- By MetalMike901 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 12Last Post: 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM
- By otsrange in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:57 PM
- By pazzah in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM
- By JRola in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)Replies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2013, 11:28 PM
- By mugenakuma in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2013, 03:24 PM