"Contact Doesn't exist"

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My OCD is getting the best of me on this one...

When you swipe down and press the gear in the upper right hand corner and the icons appear, the upper left box is supposed to be your picture if you have yourself set as a contact. However, in past phones I've had, by clicking on that icon you can set a picture for yourself. Now when I click it, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Contact doesn't exist" has anyone resolved this?

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't get that behavior. It pops up a contact card for my Google+ profile, where I could call, email, or text myself. (That seems odd, actually.)

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Turns out all you need to do is go into your contacts (using the stock contact app, if you have a 3rd party one installed) and click on "Set up my profile." Then you can add your picture there and anything else you may want to add. Hopefully this helps. :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. Turns out all you need to do is go into your contacts (using the stock contact app, if you have a 3rd party one installed) and click on "Set up my profile." Then you can add your picture there and anything else you may want to add. Hopefully this helps. :)

Thank you. It was in the "People" app which I don't use. I just do everything through the dialer.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. It was in the "People" app which I don't use. I just do everything through the dialer.

You're welcome! I had to figure it out, too, since I use Go Contacts, as opposed to the People app. That way it only shows the Facebook contacts I have linked with phone numbers, instead of all of the Facebook contacts.

sansnil

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this -- I was having this issue and couldn't figure it out until I read your tip about using the stock contact app versus a third party app. Muchos!

Ibrahem Hassan

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem I go to people app I can't find setup my profile

01000101 01001110

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem just a minutes ago, because I've reset my phone.

if you want your google+ profile to sync in your phone as the phone's owner.
try this one.
first, login to your google+ account,
go to settings, there's a "Account settings" in there < click your Account < Contact < then just check the "Keep contacts up to date".
thats all you have to do.

thanks!

Rushdi Hmy

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem just a minutes ago, because I've reset my phone.

if you want your google+ profile to sync in your phone as the phone's owner.
try this one.
first, login to your google+ account,
go to settings, there's a "Account settings" in there < click your Account < Contact < then just check the "Keep contacts up to date".
thats all you have to do.

thanks!

This info very helpful for me.. Thanks a lot..

Dhruv8975

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
My OCD is getting the best of me on this one...

When you swipe down and press the gear in the upper right hand corner and the icons appear, the upper left box is supposed to be your picture if you have yourself set as a contact. However, in past phones I've had, by clicking on that icon you can set a picture for yourself. Now when I click it, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Contact doesn't exist" has anyone resolved this?

Posted via Android Central App

vidyasagar93

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
guys i don't knw really it wrking r not for u...try rebooting it wrkd fr me well...and user is not showing bt u can edit the prfl pic and contact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome