Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

Default "Contact Doesn't exist"

My OCD is getting the best of me on this one...

When you swipe down and press the gear in the upper right hand corner and the icons appear, the upper left box is supposed to be your picture if you have yourself set as a contact. However, in past phones I've had, by clicking on that icon you can set a picture for yourself. Now when I click it, I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "Contact doesn't exist" has anyone resolved this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: "Contact Doesn't exist"

I don't get that behavior. It pops up a contact card for my Google+ profile, where I could call, email, or text myself. (That seems odd, actually.)

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

I had the same issue. Turns out all you need to do is go into your contacts (using the stock contact app, if you have a 3rd party one installed) and click on "Set up my profile." Then you can add your picture there and anything else you may want to add. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.
    Thanked by 3:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DefectiveWeeble View Post
    I had the same issue. Turns out all you need to do is go into your contacts (using the stock contact app, if you have a 3rd party one installed) and click on "Set up my profile." Then you can add your picture there and anything else you may want to add. Hopefully this helps.

Thank you. It was in the "People" app which I don't use. I just do everything through the dialer.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Masheen View Post
    Thank you. It was in the "People" app which I don't use. I just do everything through the dialer.
    You're welcome! I had to figure it out, too, since I use Go Contacts, as opposed to the People app. That way it only shows the Facebook contacts I have linked with phone numbers, instead of all of the Facebook contacts.

There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Thanks for this -- I was having this issue and couldn't figure it out until I read your tip about using the stock contact app versus a third party app. Muchos!