Does your Maxx show city/state under number when receiving calls?

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't. Which I find weird. Are there settings I missed or something? I'd like to have that back.

Posted via Android Central App

INGrep

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
What phone did you have that did that?

I didn't know it was phone specific. I thought it was an standard in all 4.2 software. My phone before this was a Epic 4G Touch. Which was rooted and had 4.2 roms on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Download the free Current Caller ID application by White Pages from the Play Store. It can tell you local news, weather, city and caller name even if the contact isn't in your address book. It pops up at the top and can be enabled for both outgoing and incoming calls or only incoming.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure City, ST is displayed on my phone under the phone number when I receive a call from someone not in my contacts. No caller ID apps, just stock. I'll try to snap a screenshot the next time.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I pay $2.99/month to Verizon for the Caller ID Name service. Basically, this gives you the same information that you would get on landline caller id, using the caller name info in the call as sent by the phone network. I would expect that non-service provider caller id apps would attempt to do a reverse lookup of the number, which may or may not be what is provided by the phone network. Whatever. Historically, on cell phones you would only get the caller name if the number was in the phone book on your phone, but that has changed with smart phones.