Droid November Update

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Have any others here received the update soak text or not?
If so, have you noticed any improvements? I have not noticed anything to really write home about.
What should I be looking for?

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Notice any changes in battery life?

Sent from Droid Maxx

My phone is on the update but I can't comment on the battery life as I've stopped paying attention to that after few days of owning the phone - it holds up to day and a half of moderate use. That's more than I need.

Posted via Android Central App

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the update and I haven't tested the camera yet but I did notice that the capacitive touch button lights now turn off when watching video on YouTube, Netflix, and when I play movie that is on my phone. It is so nice not having the button lights on while watching a movie!

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the capacitive touch buttons. I did find that when taking pictures and swiping to the right you can no longer look through recent pictures. You get a mandatory choice between the gallery or photos app. I do not have a card reader to test, YAYTech.
It would be nice if a list of all the changes in this update were posted somewhere.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If I've disabled a bunch of bloatware from my phone like all the Verizon sync, security, and other various back up apps that don't appear to do anything, is there any chance it will affect my ability to receive the update?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the capacitive touch buttons. I did find that when taking pictures and swiping to the right you can no longer look through recent pictures. You get a mandatory choice between the gallery or photos app. I do not have a card reader to test, YAYTech.
It would be nice if a list of all the changes in this update were posted somewhere.

What's new:
Google Drive is now preloaded with 50G promotion
Wireless charging UI has been enhanced for better connectivity
4G LTE performance has been improved to support faster connection
Motorola Assist has been improved for better stability
Google Voice Now now returns cards with audible feedback when location setting is enabled
The latest version of NFL™ Mobile has been added
Viewdini has been removed as a preloaded application
Device now charges when connected to Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation
Sky Detection has been improved to lighten dynamic scenes
High Dynamic Range (HDR) has been tuned to trigger more frequently
Viewfinder has been improved for more consistent exposure
Automatic White Balance (AWB) has been improved for overall color enhancements

RivertonPaul

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Swiping to the right works on my updated camera after selecting the gallery for always.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll be preparing for the update this weekend; uninstalling pwn and restoring recovery. From all my lurking, it would seem that root is still possible, if only with RockMyMoto. Anyone have any other tips/suggestions?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Man my phone is stating an update in progress and I'm about to board a plane...

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
just got the update too. is it bad that i actually prefer the pictures look a little colder than warmer? lol