Finally got a Droid Maxx

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
After buying the LG G2 the day it came it I ended up returning it on the 14th day and finally getting the Droid Maxx. I had a problem with Verizon because when I sent it back they couldn't find in the warehouse and had to call 10+ times and spend 6+ hours on the phone trying to get the upgrade date reset. I am so happy I switched to the Maxx. I liked the G2 but I am coming from the galaxy nexus and like the look and feel of stock android better. The phone is so smooth and fast. The UI is a lot better than the G2 was for me. After using this phone I believe spec wars are over. I am very impressed with this phone and happy I ended up switching. It was a hard decision but a good one.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No... Don't listen. Do the update. It is absolutely worth it. Really improves camera and unlocks band 4 LTE.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Tell us how your Bluetooth is working with your new phone. Does music sound distorted when you play it via Bluetooth? Do notification sounds stop working after you make a call on Bluetooth?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Tell us how your Bluetooth is working with your new phone. Does music sound distorted when you play it via Bluetooth? Do notification sounds stop working after you make a call on Bluetooth?

Bluetooth sounds the same for me.... Haven't really noticed any distortions. Notification sounds are working fantastic.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh... And this update activates mic input for the headphones.... Which means the square card reader functions properly.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Chicago and getting the same speeds as before; about 5-7mbps

You might have a defective device. Or you are not by an AWS tower.... Since you know.... Verizon is still rolling it out.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
You might have a defective device. Or you are not by an AWS tower.... Since you know.... Verizon is still rolling it out.

My device worked awesome before the update. I don't know if I'm near an AWS tower, how can I find out?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My device worked awesome before the update. I don't know if I'm near an AWS tower, how can I find out?

Run speed test app from ookla. If u get 50 Mbps speed, it means you are on Band 4.... Unless u live in a not so populated area, then u might get those speeds on Band 13. The rollout is slowly coming out. But if you really want to know if its activated, install a T-Mobile SIM card. LTE will Activate because T-Mobile uses only Band 4.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the droid maxx unlocked to other carriers?

Pretty sure I remember seeing some threads around here were folks threw in a sim card from another carrier or two, and it worked fine. Not sure what that would mean for updates. *shrug* Maybe be able to update via Moto Device Manager / USB? Anyway, look around a bit, those threads about other carriers should be around.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am in the Orlando area, got my update and here is my speeds

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383965448154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383965448154.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 36

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Run speed test app from ookla. If u get 50 Mbps speed, it means you are on Band 4.... Unless u live in a not so populated area, then u might get those speeds on Band 13. The rollout is slowly coming out. But if you really want to know if its activated, install a T-Mobile SIM card. LTE will Activate because T-Mobile uses only Band 4.

I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago. Here are my speeds as of now.
1383977436250.jpg