Major Issues After Update

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Got the soak update the other day. Phone worked great before. Now there are these issues below and Moto is saying its a Google issue (aren't they the same company)?

No 50gb for drive even though I uninstalled and downloaded and went through product tour it said congrats you get 50gb. Then when I go to settings it says 15gb.

My signal for WiFi and cellular is worse, Bluetooth very soft, number of unread emails in the email icon gone, battery worse, camera same, have the same issue with the back key where it brings up google, moving from app to screen is slower, etc. I Want to go back to original and I'm told the only way is to get a refurbished phone from Verizon. I paid full price for this brand new phone and don't want someone else's used phone

Last edited by a moderator:

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Don't do the update!!!!

You must have just had bad luck with that particular device. I have had 0 issues thus far and quality is superbly impressive.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

You must have just had bad luck with that particular device. I have had 0 issues thus far and quality is superbly impressive.

Before this update my device was flawless.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Before this update my device was flawless.

I'm just saying. You preaching to people to not do the update is just dumb. Just because you and an extremely small percentage of people have had problems with it shouldn't constitute as catastrophic.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm just saying. You preaching to people to not do the update is just dumb. Just because you and an extremely small percentage of people have had problems with it shouldn't constitute as catastrophic.

There are many people on the soak test forum stating the same issues and some worse. So its not an extremely small percentage.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Because most of those folks rooted their phones.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I got the soak test too. I got my 50GB of storage on Drive. My 4g speeds are slightly better. The phone is a little bit faster.The camera is incredibly improved. I can't duplicate the issue with the back/recent apps button bringing up Google Now just by pressing it.
Sorry you're having problems, but obviously not everyone is.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Uh-oh. I just downloaded the update this morning. I hope that wasn't a mistake. I haven't played with it since the update so I haven't tested it yet.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

Been running the soak test since it was released and have had zero issues and got the 50 gb of Google Drive.

ms1951

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Been running on the update since the start of the soak with zero issues. And there have been many fixes and enhancements that make this phone even better.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

The OP is similar to something like this:

Hey, hey, hey, I got a nail in my tire! ATTENTION, ATTENTION everybody - DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS - DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS. There are others too, many more people got nails in their tires. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS, DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS.

CALL THE PRESIDENT! DEFCON 1! ARTILLERY READY! NUCLEAR MISSILES LOADED! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Got my update last night. None of the problems the OP was talking about, but not saying it couldn't be an issue for some. Probably due to setup on their phones or a certain combo of apps. Otherwise the camera is markedly better (just wish they included a few user more user settings like white balance, exposure, & MP size), and the 50GB of Google drive is sweet. Plan on trying the revised wireless charging screen later.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

The OP is similar to something like this:

Hey, hey, hey, I got a nail in my tire! ATTENTION, ATTENTION everybody - DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS - DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS. There are others too, many more people got nails in their tires. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS, DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CARS.

CALL THE PRESIDENT! DEFCON 1! ARTILLERY READY! NUCLEAR MISSILES LOADED! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Why is it that when someone comes on here to talk about the issues they're having people react like this? Someone is having problems. Just because YOU aren't having problems doesn't mean THEY aren't having problems.

Updates CAN cause issues for some people. Accept it, and stop jumping on people just because they decide to say something to that affect here.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Possibly try a factory reset. I generally do so after each update if I begin to notice a drop in performance. That way anything left over gets removed and you start from scratch. If you'd decide to do this make sure to uncheck the Auto Restore options so its a clean wipe.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Got the soak update the other day. Phone worked great before. Now there are these issues below and Moto is saying its a Google issue (aren't they the same company)?

No 50gb for drive even though I uninstalled and downloaded and went through product tour it said congrats you get 50gb. Then when I go to settings it says 15gb.

My signal for WiFi and cellular is worse, Bluetooth very soft, number of unread emails in the email icon gone, battery worse, camera same, have the same issue with the back key where it brings up google, moving from app to screen is slower, etc. I Want to go back to original and I'm told the only way is to get a refurbished phone from Verizon. I paid full price for this brand new phone and don't want someone else's used phone

To the OP:
It took about a day (maybe longer) for my registering my Moto X on Drive for my 50GB to show up. Have you checked again?

I don't know how, but perhaps clearing the cache in recovery? Cache from old updates can conflict with new updates and thus creating issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance