Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Unobtanium
  • 1 Post By vzwuser76
  • 1 Post By doogald
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Default Motorola Droid MAXX - Google pop-up on menu buttons

Is there a way to disable that stupid Google thing that pops up when I hit the back button? Most of the time it pops up whenever I press the button and it prevents the button from executing and it's very bothersome and unnecessary. Now I have to press the back button several times in hopes it will actually go back instead of popping up that stupid round Google thing. Thanks.

Motorola DROID Maxx
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Google pop-up on menu buttons

I've noticed the same thing and it is annoying. I'm not sure how to disable "swipe up" for Google Now

Posted via Android Central App

Download "Google now swipe" from the app store and you can disable it

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Your experiences may be different than mine. If I tap the button, I don't get the Google Now arc. If I hold the button and roll my thumb up, I get the arc. Maybe a difference in sensitivity of the buttons from phone to phone.

Anyway, if you don't use Google Now, you can shut it off. Pull up the arc > swipe the Google Now all the way up > three vertical button dot menu on lower right > settings (to be honest, I am not sure if this disables the arc)
    Thanked by:
    jesta192 likes this.

ROM
    I don't root.

Quote Originally Posted by brockpsu View Post

Here's the link.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.

I think I know why this is happening with some people and not others. I've never had it happen until just a few minutes ago. The difference is where your finger lands when you press the back button. If it's dead on it will go back, if I press slightly above it, I get the arc. I noticed this when I rotated my phone 180 degrees (do this semi regularly to prevent the burn in of the status bar my S3 got). After I rotated the phone, my thumb pressed slightly above the button, in the space between the button and the screen. The arc popped up when I did this, so it may just be a matter of either how accurate your thumbs are, or maybe recalibrate your screen. Just an idea.
    Thanked by:
    jesta192 likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

This started happening to me after i took the update?

Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    This started happening to me after i took the update?
    That's right. The update changed the behavior.
    jesta192 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brockpsu View Post

doesn't really fix the problem. it just replaces it with something else besides google now. it still brings up that stupid arch and still having to hit the back button multiple times. my problem is not that i'm accidentally opening google now, it's the actual bringing up of the arch when i just want to back step and when pressing the back button it brings up the arch and i have to hit the back button several times in order for me to actually back step and not get the arch instead.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

I had never figured out that apparently erratic behavior but reading this thread has finally clarified the issue: Tapping just above the button or, as sometimes happens when I use my thumb and roll it slightly upward, or any tap that slides slightly upward, and the Google arc appears. I think it's more pronounced since the 12.15.15 update.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola Droid MAXX - Google pop-up on menu buttons

Quote Originally Posted by jbeachy View Post
    I had never figured out that apparently erratic behavior but reading this thread has finally clarified the issue: Tapping just above the button or, as sometimes happens when I use my thumb and roll it slightly upward, or any tap that slides slightly upward, and the Google arc appears. I think it's more pronounced since the 12.15.15 update.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
    i never knew it was there before cause it has never ever popped up for me on any of my phones until this update. i thought this was a new thing. i just want it back the way it was. it is beyond annoying!
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    i never knew it was there before cause it has never ever popped up for me on any of my phones until this update. i thought this was a new thing. i just want it back the way it was. it is beyond annoying!
    It is a new thing. To call up the Google Now arc in 12.7.7, you had to long-press home. Now they added the tap and slide up on any of the capacitive buttons. This is easily the most controversial part of the update - probably the only potentially annoying thing that the update changed.

Hmm.. I haven't had an issue with this. Mine may not be as sensitive as I can press the back button without raising the arc. I just figured out that swiping up anywhere from the bottom brings it up.. Cool..

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I recently installed AOKP on a xiaomi phone and it came with settings for the arc where I could edit/add icons to it... is there any way to add those settings to the MAXX? Swipedisabler only seems to disable/change the one swipe icon in the middle...