Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Default Three Day Maxx

I think I now have a three day battery! Yesterday, the drop was only 2% per hour all on. I was at home on wifi...but again, overnight in Airplane, only lost 4%. So that makes a 25% drop most days and a smidgen over a couple of nights. Looks like 3 days easy. Well done Moto/Google.

Default Re: Three Day Maxx

I could never last that long with how often I turn my screen on.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
    MbR24 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Yeah, we'll see how well it goes away from wifi and using it more...but my real point is that this update made a huge difference, esp. in Airplane mode. I could never figure out why it was giving up 1% per hour in Airplane. Doing what? So they fixed that...
    Thanked by:

I get 2-3 days on a normal basis on a full chrage. I get 2 days if I am using it medium usage which is what I consider normal usage. I get 3 days of use if one of the days I am not using it as much as normal. I also turn it off when I go to bed and turn it back on when I wake up. Battery life has been awesome since day one!!!

How much was your screen on?

at one point my screen on time was 5-6 hours.

I barely get 15 hours out of it with my use, but compared to other phones I've had, that's really good.

Posted via Android Central App
    gamefreak715 likes this.

How do I post a screenshot using the Android Central app?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Maybe 4?? I'm at 66% tonight going to Airplane again, after two full days. Should be over 60 in the morning still...

I just love charging it nightly & not thinking the least bit about the battery.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Well, now back to a two day! Right after that update, it would barely discharge in Airplane mode overnight (like 3%!) and only 2% per hour during 'up' time. Now, I'm back to losing 1% per hour in Airplane (what could it possibly be doing? It's not even in the room listening to me snore!) And over 2% during the day. I've added three apps: Hotels.com, Kayak, and Docs to Go. That's it. DTG only syncs when I plug into the pc...just seems odd is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    Well, now back to a two day! Right after that update, it would barely discharge in Airplane mode overnight (like 3%!) and only 2% per hour during 'up' time. Now, I'm back to losing 1% per hour in Airplane (what could it possibly be doing? It's not even in the room listening to me snore!) And over 2% during the day. I've added three apps: Hotels.com, Kayak, and Docs to Go. That's it. DTG only syncs when I plug into the pc...just seems odd is all.
    Even 1% per hour in airplane mode is a lot. I generally get less than that with wifi on and a bunch of things syncing ; usually around .5 per hour. I had my phone on airplane mode for over 12 hours without touching it yesterday because I left it in my hotel room, and my battery was still at 99% when I picked it up.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Day Maxx-1385073444354.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by beeare View Post
    Even 1% per hour in airplane mode is a lot. I generally get less than that with wifi on and a bunch of things syncing ; usually around .5 per hour. I had my phone on airplane mode for over 12 hours without touching it yesterday because I left it in my hotel room, and my battery was still at 99% when I picked it up.

What have you done to minimize drain?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by adrialk View Post
    What have you done to minimize drain?

Nothing to be honest. From the very beginning, the thing that seemed to separate this phone from other Android phones, is the lack of discharge while the phone is asleep.

Some days are inexplicably slightly worse than others, but in general I lose very little battery when my phone is idle.

I have disabled a lot of boatwate, which may have helped but it does not seem to have made any seriously drastic difference from what I can tell.

Last edited by beeare; 11-21-2013 at 08:26 PM.

The numbers you're talking about seem similar to my droid RAZR Maxx...

Unfortunately, for whatever reason my new Droid MAXX has not been able to match the idle drain.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1901Madison View Post
    How do I post a screenshot using the Android Central app?
    When wanting to post pics, use the tapatalk app.

If i didn't play candy crush and have terrible signal at work, I feel like I could almost get 3 days too.

Can't get near 3 days
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Day Maxx-1385920481225.jpg   Three Day Maxx-1385920505796.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by marlin29311 View Post
    If i didn't play candy crush and have terrible signal at work, I feel like I could almost get 3 days too.
    Just be glad your phone lasts the time it does. My friends wife uses his S4 for Candy Crush and its dead before he wakes up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I rarely plug my phone in overnight. I just don't think it's a good idea. I top mine off to 95 every two or three days. Never let it get below 10%. Then every few weeks fully charge to 100. I get 6 hrs of screen on time with 4G only and 7 to 9 on wifi only. Rooted, greenified, but use Facebook notifications.

For a while I greenified fb and had everything push through Gmail. It was pointless with this big battery.

I think we all carry over battery compulsions from previous devices. Even owning a maxx hd for 6 months didn't cure them. Lol.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
    I rarely plug my phone in overnight. I just don't think it's a good idea. I top mine off to 95 every two or three days. Never let it get below 10%. Then every few weeks fully charge to 100. I get 6 hrs of screen on time with 4G only and 7 to 9 on wifi only. Rooted, greenified, but use Facebook notifications.

For a while I greenified fb and had everything push through Gmail. It was pointless with this big battery.

I think we all carry over battery compulsions from previous devices. Even owning a maxx hd for 6 months didn't cure them. Lol.

Did you notice a significant battery life difference after installing greenify? Do you use auto brightness?

I used greenify on my razr Maxx and didn't find much of a benefit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've found it to be perfect for lasting 2 full days if necessary. Of course I charge it every night, unless I forget to in a drunken stupor.. I'm pushing dead by 34 hours. I'm looking forward to the music festival this summer where there is no data connection so I'll see if I can last 5 days with just talk and text. I'll bring a 6000mah external just in case though.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by adrialk View Post
    Did you notice a significant battery life difference after installing greenify? Do you use auto brightness?

I used greenify on my razr Maxx and didn't find much of a benefit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I actually have noticed a five to ten percent improvement. Not to mention the extra ram. Probably an unnecessary thing but it's residual low battery paranoia.

Not only do I employ auto brightness but I use Screebl beta. That way the moment my phone is set down the screen shuts off.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

The inconsistency during airplane mode wants to make me crazy. The other night, had the old 4-5% drop overnight, which is great. Then last night, 12%. Huh? It's airplane. It's not doing anything. But today is day 3 after Fri. night charge, pretty light use on the weekend, of course...but still at 52% as I write...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    The inconsistency during airplane mode wants to make me crazy. The other night, had the old 4-5% drop overnight, which is great. Then last night, 12%. Huh? It's airplane. It's not doing anything. But today is day 3 after Fri. night charge, pretty light use on the weekend, of course...but still at 52% as I write...
    I've noticed this too. And other fluctuations a few times. Like the battery percentage going up when not plugged in. Or with wifi on and mobile data off, overnight only losing 5 percent or 10. Our batteries are so big they're harder to calibrate. Oh well. No need to nit pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast