How to mute wireless charging sound after update

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Prior to this recent update, my phone would go silent at 10 pm using the Moto Assist app and when I placed my phone on the Verizon wireless ghost charger it would not make a sound. After the update, the phone makes the wireless charging sound even though I manually turn the phone to silent and lower all the volumes in the volume settings. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a work around? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is normal and despite looking all over I don't see a way to disable it. On the bright side the notification is very low now but I have no idea why they chose to let it bypass the sound profile.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Motorola with an email and then a phone call. No help at all. Waste of time. Will just have to go back to wired charging. Can't have the phone making noise at night when I set it on the pad.

Last edited:

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know the name & location of the sound file? I've renamed a couple of files with wireless charging in the title, with no effect.

(You'll have to be rooted, and booted into write protection disabled mode, to rename system files.)

REVTSK

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
When I put my Droid Maxx on charging pad it makes the annoying sound unless I get phone in exactly the right position on the pad then it will silence while charging.
Sometime I have to mess with it for 5 minutes before it will work correctly.
Also. after charging my phone is silenced (no ringtone or notification sounds even though volume is up. I have to turn off phone and restart to get sound to work.) Any ideas?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When I put my Droid Maxx on charging pad it makes the annoying sound unless I get phone in exactly the right position on the pad then it will silence while charging.

Unfortunately, that's normal. You can put the phone in silent mode before you place it on the pad to silence the sound, then turn sound back on. If the sound keeps happening, it may be that you are placing the phone just off the charging "sweet spot". The center for the charger seems to be right behind the Moto logo on the back of the phone. Try placing the phone so that is centered over the center of the charger.

Also, I have noticed a bug with my Tylt Vu charger (which has a three coil design, so is not sensitive to exact placement) in which placing the phone will make the charge animation and sound keep happening until I lift and replace the phone on the charger. I've found that if the screen is powered on when I place it on the charger, this doesn't happen most of the time.

Also. after charging my phone is silenced (no ringtone or notification sounds even though volume is up. I have to turn off phone and restart to get sound to work.) Any ideas?

No idea. That doesn't happen to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary