Ringer doesn't wake up from sleep mode.

slumkid

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, the Motorola Assist app doesn't seem to be working correctly. I set the phone to be silent at night, and have the ringer turn back on in the morning. (It was also nice that this turned off that annoying wireless charging sound, but I guess that's gone for everybody).

After the update, the ringer no longer turns back on in the morning. I never noticed if all of the volumes turn off at night, or just the ringer, but they are all on in the morning except for the ringer. This is NOT GOOD, because it it is causing me to miss calls because I forget the ringer is off.

I have turned the app off and on, changed the times on the app, cleared the cache and data on the app and turned the phone off and back on, and nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen that *unless* I manually change the volume during sleep time. So, if you accidentally hit vol up or vol down during sleep time, the normal volume will not be restored.

If you cannot fix it, just switch to a different profile manager. Llama is good, and free.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just tried clearing cache and data for the Assist, in the addition of clearing cache partition in the recovery. We'll see if tomorrow my ringer returns after the sleep activity is over.

slumkid

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Made sure I didn't mess with the volumes, and the problem is still occurring. Turned off Assist and downloaded Llama...hopefully that will do the trick for me.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
What I dont understand is, while I'm experiencing the same issue, SOMETIMES it works - very rarely but in a few instances the phone returned to the normal sound profile after the "Sleep" activity in Moto Assist. Weird.

slumkid

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
After lack of success with Llama and Tasker, I went back to Assist a couple of days ago. Cleared data and cache on the app first, then powered the phone off an on. Its been working great for 2 days - even before I updated the Assist app ( I hope the update doesn't screw it up again)

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The update didn't help me. I just woke up to see my ringer is still silenced, even though sleep mode is not active.

Let me try the delete data and clear cache trick.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Scratch my earlier post. It worked the first time, now it's back to not changing after sleeping hours again. I guess I'll go back to Llama!

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem before the update. I figured the update would fix it. Also had a big problem where my txt/hangout notifications would disappear after being on silent/bluetooth/assist.

slumkid

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, my problem is back again after I updated Assist from the play store. I give up. Downloaded a nice little app called Silence. Very simple, and I can schedule when I want the sound to go off, and will also turn off WiFi, Bluetooth and data. Works with the calendar too. Good enough for me..

Snapdawg

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
LIke everyone else, I've had the issue with Motorola Assist but I've also has the issue when I manually silence the phone. The following morning, I selected the "normal" volume icon only to find that my sound level was now at a whisper. This happened repeatedly. Regardless, I'm going to try one of the apps mentioned and see if this fixes the issue.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have used Volume Ace https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.braincrash.volumeacefree

That is the free version link. I actually have the paid version. Used it on 3 phones and it works pretty well. The paid version is needed to run a schedule. I got this mainly because it can be programmed to lower the volume of my music when I plug in earbuds, saving my hearing. I suppose I will stop the Motorola Assist sleep mode and go back to using this schedule.

Oh but I should add that this app has no way to selectively let callers ring through. So it's not a complete replacement of Motorola Assist.

What a shame. Let's add another check to the list of Droid Maxx problems.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vicky Spit

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Well dang. It's July 2014 and my new Moto X does this, which is why I am here now.

Should I assume this will never work properly then? What a bummer. Seems like a simple enough program. What gives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87