Battery Stats only monitoring from last Reboot

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This morning I rebooted my phone and noticed that my battery meter was only showing stats from the point of rebooting.

This is for the native battery meter.

I also use GSAM Pro and have it set to monitor stats from the point of the last full charge. By default, I have noticed that the native battery meter usually shows stats from the point of the last full charge as well, but there are no additional settings to select other criteria, unlike GSAM pro. For whatever reason, my GSAM pro is also showing me my stats from the last reboot now, and not from the last full charge as I have it set to do.

This is totally just an annoyance, and has no impact on anything, especially considering I am virtually done with my day and my phone is still over 50%, but I was curious if anybody had the same issue, or knew of a way to remedy the situation.

I will see what happens tonight when I go to sleep and charge it fully. Then after a couple hours of being awake, I will reboot my phone to see if it also resets my stats.

Last edited:

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My note 2 is doing the same thing now too but I havent had an update. No idea why. Just noticed it a few days ago :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So I rebooted my phone this morning after a full charge and it reset the battery monitoring stats.

Can anybody tell me if after rebooting whether this is the case for them?

It used to show me stats from the last full charge, even after reboot?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So I rebooted my phone this morning after a full charge and it reset the battery monitoring stats.

Can anybody tell me if after rebooting whether this is the case for them?

It used to show me stats from the last full charge, even after reboot?

I just restarted an hour ago. Stats are from the last time I charged - over 14 hours ago.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Really frustrating. Can't understand why this would happen all of a sudden.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Really frustrating. Can't understand why this would happen all of a sudden.

My gsam preferences are set to start monitoring since last unplugged. For me, that's always since last full charge.

Sounds weird, but perhaps it's that?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My gsam preferences are set to start monitoring since last unplugged. For me, that's always since last full charge.

Sounds weird, but perhaps it's that?

For me that's always been the case as well, except for the last two days because I've been testing everything to try and alleviate this problem.

I've switched from the 'last unplugged" to the "last full charge" setting back and forth, and it does not make a difference.

Every time I reboot, it resets on both my native and GSam battery stats. I've even downloaded two other battery apps and 1 of them works, but the other resets also.

Battery Drain analyzer works

Battery stats plus does not

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So I've fixed the problem and it's a little strange so hopefully everyone can bear with me on this lengthy post and chime in to tell me why this might occur.

When I got my Maxx about 2 months ago, I downloaded a few different apps to track my battery stats to determine if my battery was up to par with other people's phones, particularly other people who owned a Maxx.

I downloaded:

Battery Drain Analyzer
& GSam

I liked both, but preferred GSam, so I eventually got rid of Battery Drain Analyzer.

Recently, I've noticed a little issue where my battery will jump down a few notches out of nowhere, and I needed an app that can show me each increment of discharge per 1%, and correlate it to the exact time it occurs.

I remembered that Battery Drain Analyzer has this function, so I Re-downloaded it.

It was around this time that I noticed my other battery apps, both the native one and GSam were resetting stats anytime my phone rebooted, which I found incredibly annoying and couldn't figure out why.

I spent the next couple days uninstalling and reinstalling each of the aforementioned battery apps to see if it was related, or if it would somehow alleviate the issue, but to no avail.

Until last night...

I decided to Re-download Battery Drain Analyzer and GSam again, go to settings, apps, and then to each one respectively to clear all data, uninstall and then reboot to see if the native battery monitor would be fixed.

Amazingly it was fixed and now showed me the correct stats from the point of the last time my phone was fully charged, as it's supposed to.

My question, since I have no explanation as to why this fixed the problem; can an app like Battery Drain Analyzer (which I suspect was the issue, since I had recently Re-downloaded it) really affect the native battery app insomuch that it threw off its default settings.

If I hadn't cleared the data on the two 3rd party apps and then uninstalled, I may have never found a fix.

So ultimately my question is; if you uninstall an app, can it leave traces of something on your phone that can hinder/block/affect the normal default functions of the phone?