How to get the Jawbone UP to work with Maxx (sideload help)

MbR24

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
so I got a Jawbone UP free from work for promotional use, and I am not able to get the app to download. In the playstore, the app tells me that the device isn't compatible.
I understand the developers haven't made the app compatible with either of my devices (I also have a 1st Gen Nexus7) but I am hoping someone can help me figure out a way to
possibly sideload the app or something so that I can get it to work. I really want to be able to use the UP, I'm really interested to see my sleep and exercise patterns!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Try sideloading. It didn't used to be compatible, along with the Square card reader. The recent update fixed Square, and it wouldn't surprise me if it fixed the UP, but the developers just haven't caught up yet. Just gotta find a place to download it & sideload the app.

MbR24

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Try sideloading. It didn't used to be compatible, along with the Square card reader. The recent update fixed Square, and it wouldn't surprise me if it fixed the UP, but the developers just haven't caught up yet. Just gotta find a place to download it & sideload the app.

how do I sideload the application? I'm not super techy when it comes to the software aspects of devices. I should have made it more clear in my OP that I was looking for someone to steer me in the direction I needed if sideloading was my only option. I.E where to get the app and how to load it into the phone.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I checked on the Amazon App Store, and it looks like you can get it there. First you have to install the Amazon App Store. First allow installation of apps from unknown sources:

To confirm your device allows the installation of applications from Unknown sources:

Open Settings and navigate to the Unknown sources option (under Applications or Security depending on your device).
Tap the checkbox and then tap OK on the confirmation popup.

Then browse here ( Install Amazon Appstore ) on your phone, click the link, and download the file. Then run it. That should install the Amazon App Store, which would be a trusted place to get apps, and it looks like they don't block the Jawbone Companion app on the Maxx, so you can then just search for it & install it.