Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default notification sounds while on call??

    Anyone have a fix to be able to turn on all notifications while on a call? I have called Verizon and Motorola tech support level 2 and they claim the notifications are disabled while on call and don't not have a toggle to turn them on...PS there is no menu under your dialer then settings then call alerts it exist on my wife's galaxy s4 running 4.3 android but not on my maxx! So looking for a solution before I take it back under my 14 day return policy and
    go back to my maxx HD it had notifications on by default thanks for any input
  2. #2  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Edit - nevermind, read it as you were getting them and didn't want them, not the other way around.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Anyone?? I can't believe in three days no one has any comments does anyone else have similar issues?? Thanks
  4. #4  
    anon154738's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tntitan00 View Post
    Anyone?? I can't believe in three days no one has any comments does anyone else have similar issues?? Thanks
    I just can't imagine getting a new phone because of the lack of this feature, but to each his own. :-) I'm anal about a few features myself. Hopefully someone can help ya

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Take it back

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Since I hate it when people don't post their solutions I'll say that I ended up downloading Verizon messaging and within the setting not only was i able to turn the in call messaging back on I was also able to change the background of the text message from white to black and the colors of each text similar to the way it was on the maxx HD I never liked on this update all the text messages to be white
    Eclipse2K likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by tntitan00 View Post
    Anyone?? I can't believe in three days no one has any comments does anyone else have similar issues?? Thanks
    See, someone just posted a solution to your problem! All you needed is a little bit of patience. :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    See, someone just posted a solution to your problem! All you needed is a little bit of patience. :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, he posted his own solution.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Yes, he posted his own solution.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    No way!

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by tntitan00 View Post
    Since I hate it when people don't post their solutions I'll say that I ended up downloading Verizon messaging and within the setting not only was i able to turn the in call messaging back on I was also able to change the background of the text message from white to black and the colors of each text similar to the way it was on the maxx HD I never liked on this update all the text messages to be white
    I knew I had seen seen that setting on my Maxx and had been trying to find it since your question and for the life of me couldn't. After you post your own answer I realized that I have been using the Verizon messeges app( and love it btw) and that is where the setting is and I had been looking all over the phone seetings.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    No way!

    Posted via Android Central App
    I can't figure out what your point is here.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I can't figure out what your point is here.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Of course I knew the OP posted his own solution

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Question Re: notification sounds while on call??

    I have the opposite problem. I have the call alerts checkbox ON and I am still not alerted. SInce I am on the phone all the time, I never know if I am getting text messages that I must respond to urgently. Anyone have a fix? Tried installing 3rd-party software for flashy lights but no dice.
    Thanks!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaBlondie View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I have the call alerts checkbox ON and I am still not alerted. SInce I am on the phone all the time, I never know if I am getting text messages that I must respond to urgently. Anyone have a fix? Tried installing 3rd-party software for flashy lights but no dice.
    Thanks!
    Hmmmm Not sure what the deal is but I get the alerts while talking on the phone. All stock software on mine.
    My bad I do use the Verizon Messages App instead of the stock txt message app.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaBlondie View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I have the call alerts checkbox ON and I am still not alerted. SInce I am on the phone all the time, I never know if I am getting text messages that I must respond to urgently. Anyone have a fix? Tried installing 3rd-party software for flashy lights but no dice.
    Thanks!
    This still hasn't happened to me (that I recall.) Do you have vibration notification set for text messaging? If not, would that work?
  16. #16  

    Question Re: notification sounds while on call??

    I'm having the same issue with my Moto X. I absolutely need to be alerted when I get a text message when I'm on a call. (I have a dog daycare business in my home and my customers text me to let me know when they arrive to pick up dogs, rather than knocking, which triggers a lot of insanity-inducing barking.) Anyone know of an app which allows text message alerts when on a call?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    Thanks for the tip. I'm giving it a try. Did you uninstall the default messaging app?... just wondering if having them both installed would cause a conflict.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: notification sounds while on call??

    One good idea if you can't get it to work is to buy a pebble smartwatch, which will notify the watch when you get text messages. (It has other benefits as well, but it would solve that problem.)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 12:23 PM
  2. No option to turn mobile data on or off on ATT Galaxy S3
    By MetalMan390 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
  3. Cant On my Phone
    By David Wong 123 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 08:22 AM
  4. Switches on only download screen
    By saxonac in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
  5. Keeping Portable Hotspot on
    By tylerdulude in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions