Trusted Bluetooth device - how about a Pebble watch? On Sale for Black Friday

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would mention that you can get a Pebble smart watch on Pebble's website today (Black Friday) for $20 off and FREE shipping making a total cost of $130! Great deal. www.getpebble.com

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
One of the best Trusted Bluetooth Devices you can use.

Posted via Android Central App

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I really want to order this but I just know that when I do, Google will release theirs shortly after and I'll have to get that too! Try explaining that to my wife!

Posted via Android Central App

Scrambler#AC

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pebble, waiting on my kickstarter Agent, and I'll likely get the Google watch too.

Pebble has totally been worth the $. I was an early preorder. If I use it for a year it will be less than 50? a day. WAY worth it to me.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If I were to get a smartwatch from the current lot, it'd probably be a pebble, but I can't help but feel like there's a whole new generation of smartwatches around the corner that will take it to the next level. Google Now voice command functionality will probably be the thing that puts it over the top for me.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
YayTech,

I know, you can never keep up with technology (sigh). But I figure I will use my Pebble for a year or two and if there is something I like better out there then then I will upgrade. But I really don't think I need a watch to do more than what the pebble does now. The two functions I will use (1) trusted Bluetooth device and (2) notification alerts. A color screen would be nice however and I would also like to see interchangeable watch fronts. I know you can buy skins to change the front but those are not readily changeable and reusable.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Pebble as part of the Kickstarter campaign and had it mostly sitting in a drawer until about a month ago. Now I wear it almost all of the time. I need to charge it about every 5 days. Trusted BT is great, notifications of text messages while I am driving is great. I even used it on a run a few days ago to control music - I could change volume, play and pause, and even switch between Google Music and Pocketcasts with the phone in my pocket, using the watch app Music Boss.

Glance for Pebble is also great - you can see the local weather and even the phone's battery % left on the watchface.

Google may come out with a better watch - I hope that they do - but I know that the new Samsung thing is way too much device. And having to recharge every 23 hours? That's not for me. The Pebble gets that part right.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pebble, waiting on my kickstarter Agent, and I'll likely get the Google watch too.

Pebble has totally been worth the $. I was an early preorder. If I use it for a year it will be less than 50? a day. WAY worth it to me.

Any word on when (if) the Agent will be real?

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use a combination of Trigger, Tasker & Secure Settings apps to lock & unlock my phone, depending on Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth in the car, Qi charging, etc.

(My Rolex Milgauss may be a dumb watch, but dayum I like wearing it!)

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use a combination of Trigger, Tasker & Secure Settings apps to lock & unlock my phone, depending on Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth in the car, Qi charging, etc.

(My Rolex Milgauss may be a dumb watch, but dayum I like wearing it!)

On my moto x (returned due to battery issues), I was using Bluetooth and Wifi Unlocker that worked great until the kit kat update. KK broke it (and a number of other things. I've ordered a maxx and I'm not sure I want to get the KK update.

armchairbear

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My pebble should be delivered soon. I got in on the Black Friday deal. I have not seen the Pebble on sale or discounted anywhere. I've seen it on ebay for $110 or so, but used. I did not want a used watch. So I jumped on it when I saw the sale. Got one for my GF too. It was funny, she didn't know that she wanted one until I told her about it. She wants to be able see facebook notifications and text messages at work without looking like she's slacking off. It's also great because she has her phone on silent a lot and she doesn't get my text messages, or it's in her purse and she doesn't hear it.

I want it for touchless controls of course. I'm finding it more more useful. My Maxx is my personal assistant.

anon(8163701)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
i ordered one pebble last december 02 with $20 off... there is no stock for orange color so i ordered one and it says back ordered. its been 6 days now and my pebble havent ship... i did take the 25dollar route for shipping so a total of 155 for the pebble, when do you think my pebble will ship?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey