Wireless charging with Defender

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I am wanting to get an Otterbox Defender for my Maxx, and I already have the Ghost 100 wireless charger. Has anyone had any experience with this combination, as to whether it will charge with this case on the phone? TIA!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen someone here claim that it works fine. The only concern I would have is how much heat the Defender traps in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

gordie580

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a tylt charger and the otterbox-defender doesn't effect mine at all. I haven't discovered by otter box to be hot after charging. My phone gets hotter talking on it a while then it does while charging.

I like mine together. I can't answer about the Ghost 100 but I would say it would be about the same.

Ben_on_fire

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It works, but I find the increased gap from the rubber case both causes the phone to heat up and it takes FOREVER for it to charge!
I had my phone for a 2 weeks before I received my otter-box and had the charge pad the whole time. Before it would charge just as fast as plugging it in but now in the time it takes for the phone to charge on a wall charger it gets maybe 30-50% on the pad. Honestly I would say it works but you will probably find it more convenient to undo the bottom plug and use the charger than spend 2-3x as long waiting for it to finish charging.

But if you do want to, the heat from the pad is no more than using the phone under heavy load, nothing to be alarmed about.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It works, but I find the increased gap from the rubber case both causes the phone to heat up and it takes FOREVER for it to charge!
I had my phone for a 2 weeks before I received my otter-box and had the charge pad the whole time. Before it would charge just as fast as plugging it in but now in the time it takes for the phone to charge on a wall charger it gets maybe 30-50% on the pad. Honestly I would say it works but you will probably find it more convenient to undo the bottom plug and use the charger than spend 2-3x as long waiting for it to finish charging.

But if you do want to, the heat from the pad is no more than using the phone under heavy load, nothing to be alarmed about.

Thank you for your insight. I guess all things considered, I don't see this as something worth getting if it takes that long to charge with the Otterbox Defender on. I am fine with using the wall charger, which won't be used every night. Now, if I had to charge this phone every night? Might be a different story. But to me, it's not worth the extra price for a convenience that isn't as convenient due to the case protection I have chosen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance