Time to get impatient yet...

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
How long must we trail the moto x before we can start complaining. Can't blame delay on Verizon anymore. The X proved if they want to push an update they can.

BCB

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
How long must we trail the moto x before we can start complaining. Can't blame delay on Verizon anymore. The X proved if they want to push an update they can.

BCB

What are you getting impatient about? KitKat?

Assuming that's the case, I would be patient. It's only been rolling out to Moto X for a few weeks, and we trailed behind on the camera update about that long, so it's still in the timeframe that's been quasi-established by previous update(s). Besides that, KitKat isn't going to make that much of a change for most people on the Maxx. It also has come with some bugs for some users (as most updates do), and a change in the browser engine breaks Flash in 2nd party browsers (except for a new workaround in Dolphin). So you're not missing out on much.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Droids received the last OTA update 4-5 weeks after the first Moto X OTA update. Last week was Thanksgiving, and I bet that there wasn't much work going on at Motorola Mobility. Not all of the Moto X updates are out - Sprint is still waiting. Meanwhile, Moto released the Moto G and promised an update to 4.4 by the end of January. Who knows if that gets priority over the Droids?

Based on that, I'd say that we are about 2 weeks, at best, away from a soak test and maybe as long as 6 weeks away.

Motorola will always prioritize the X over the Droids, and now maybe the G, too. These (particularly the X) are their flagship phones. The Droids are contract devices for Verizon. I'm not saying that they don't care about the Droids, but their best interest is in getting all of the X updates out before they work on the Droids.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

BCB

The Moto X rollout isn't complete yet.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I returned my X after the KK update. Ordered a Maxx that will be here on Friday. I will delay updating as long as I possibly can. The only plus was enabling Google Wallet/Touch to Pay. Lots of headaches. I don't think it was fully baked.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I returned my X after the KK update. Ordered a Maxx that will be here on Friday. I will delay updating as long as I possibly can. The only plus was enabling Google Wallet/Touch to Pay. Lots of headaches. I don't think it was fully baked.

This is what I'm afraid of. For the first time (dating back to my OG Droid) I am content with the software that my phone came with. The Maxx is perfect the way it is. I have Nova launcher with the Aggressive Desktop setting and it is butter smooth. I have 0 regrets and 0 gripes. Now if KK comes along and ****s this up for me, I am going to be pissed. I will definitely be waiting for forum feedback before I upgrade to KK. Moto/Verizon can take their time IMO.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I am content without any updates. I don't miss having to crack flash my galaxy nexus.

I applaud Motorola for their moto X and g. They are not top of the line specs but they work very well. Enough with the gimmicks.

Anyone see the article on the Yale study regarding all the materials used in our gadgets that are rare / non renewable? It's things like project ara that get me excited. It will be a game changer.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got kitkat on both my Nexus 5 and HTC One. It's got some nice features that our Droid Maxx does not, that I'd rather have sooner than later, but I agree with most, the Maxx is just about perfect as is.

Tap to pay Google Wallet and the slide for Google Now are top on my list.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got kitkat on both my Nexus 5 and HTC One. It's got some nice features that our Droid Maxx does not, that I'd rather have sooner than later, but I agree with most, the Maxx is just about perfect as is.

Tap to pay Google Wallet and the slide for Google Now are top on my list.

Just to clarify, for any but the Nexus 5, slide for Google Now is part of the Google Experience Launcher which you will need to sideload after the KK update.

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by slide for Google Now? Are you talking about the swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Google Now? If so, the Maxx has that now.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify, for any but the Nexus 5, slide for Google Now is part of the Google Experience Launcher which you will need to sideload after the KK update.

Correct. That's what I'm talking about. Side loaded on my HTC One and my Nexus 7.

It seems more natural than on the Maxx.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Sprint Moto X is getting KitKat starting today. I'm assuming the 2013 DROID line is next in the queue at Motorola. Hope you guys get it before 2013 is over.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Sprint Moto X is getting KitKat starting today. I'm assuming the 2013 DROID line is next in the queue at Motorola. Hope you guys get it before 2013 is over.

Hmm, might be that they update the G first. Or that they make a security OTA for the X to gain the benefit of the bug fixes that came with 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. Also, I think that the Rogers Canadian Moto X still has not been updated (I could be wrong about that..)

It'll come. And we won't know when until it comes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay