1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random Screen Off and Power Off

The screen on my maxx will sometimes turn off for seemingly no reason. Its a pretty rare occurrence, maybe once a day, and it only takes a second to get back to what I was doing, but it just started happening a lot and got frustrating. Recently on two separate occasions, my phone has shut off with more than 50% battery. Given a few seconds it will reboot and show the same amount of battery. Does anyone else have this problem?

Default Re: Random Screen Off and Power Off

Do you have to manually turn the phone back on or is it a random reboot? Both of your issues may be caused by a recently installed and/or updated application.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neurotoxiq View Post
    The screen on my maxx will sometimes turn off for seemingly no reason. Its a pretty rare occurrence, maybe once a day, and it only takes a second to get back to what I was doing, but it just started happening a lot and got frustrating. Recently on two separate occasions, my phone has shut off with more than 50% battery. Given a few seconds it will reboot and show the same amount of battery. Does anyone else have this problem?
    the only time I've had the screen turn off on me is when I have my hand hovering over the proximity sensor. for some reason it just turns off when you do that, but I've never had it soft reboot on me.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Do you have to manually turn the phone back on or is it a random reboot? Both of your issues may be caused by a recently installed and/or updated application.

I guess I'm not too sure. Both times I was just browsing the web on my phone when it shut down. There was a good minute or so where I would hit the power button and it wouldn't turn back on. Then a bit later it would start to boot up.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocal View Post
    the only time I've had the screen turn off on me is when I have my hand hovering over the proximity sensor. for some reason it just turns off when you do that, but I've never had it soft reboot on me.
    That's interesting. Is the proximity sensor to the left of the front facing camera?

Quote Originally Posted by neurotoxiq View Post
    That's interesting. Is the proximity sensor to the left of the front facing camera?
    Yes, but this should only turn off of you're on a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Yes, but this should only turn off of you're on a phone call.

This happens to me regularly when I'm using my left hand and covering the sensor. I rarely hold the phone in this fashion but it is slightly annoying. I've read on other forums and it appears to be a known issue.

Overall not a huge deal. I'm still pretty much blown away by the performance of this phone as a whole.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    10,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

Quote Originally Posted by beeare View Post
    This happens to me regularly when I'm using my left hand and covering the sensor. I rarely hold the phone in this fashion but it is slightly annoying. I've read on other forums and it appears to be a known issue.

Overall not a huge deal. I'm still pretty much blown away by the performance of this phone as a whole.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    This happens to me as well