Random Screen Off and Power Off

neurotoxiq

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The screen on my maxx will sometimes turn off for seemingly no reason. Its a pretty rare occurrence, maybe once a day, and it only takes a second to get back to what I was doing, but it just started happening a lot and got frustrating. Recently on two separate occasions, my phone has shut off with more than 50% battery. Given a few seconds it will reboot and show the same amount of battery. Does anyone else have this problem?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to manually turn the phone back on or is it a random reboot? Both of your issues may be caused by a recently installed and/or updated application.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The screen on my maxx will sometimes turn off for seemingly no reason. Its a pretty rare occurrence, maybe once a day, and it only takes a second to get back to what I was doing, but it just started happening a lot and got frustrating. Recently on two separate occasions, my phone has shut off with more than 50% battery. Given a few seconds it will reboot and show the same amount of battery. Does anyone else have this problem?

the only time I've had the screen turn off on me is when I have my hand hovering over the proximity sensor. for some reason it just turns off when you do that, but I've never had it soft reboot on me.

neurotoxiq

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you have to manually turn the phone back on or is it a random reboot? Both of your issues may be caused by a recently installed and/or updated application.

I guess I'm not too sure. Both times I was just browsing the web on my phone when it shut down. There was a good minute or so where I would hit the power button and it wouldn't turn back on. Then a bit later it would start to boot up.

neurotoxiq

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
the only time I've had the screen turn off on me is when I have my hand hovering over the proximity sensor. for some reason it just turns off when you do that, but I've never had it soft reboot on me.

That's interesting. Is the proximity sensor to the left of the front facing camera?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but this should only turn off of you're on a phone call.

This happens to me regularly when I'm using my left hand and covering the sensor. I rarely hold the phone in this fashion but it is slightly annoying. I've read on other forums and it appears to be a known issue.

Overall not a huge deal. I'm still pretty much blown away by the performance of this phone as a whole.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me regularly when I'm using my left hand and covering the sensor. I rarely hold the phone in this fashion but it is slightly annoying. I've read on other forums and it appears to be a known issue.

Overall not a huge deal. I'm still pretty much blown away by the performance of this phone as a whole.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

This happens to me as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon