1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default should i trade in my Galaxy S4 for the maxx

well i have a Galaxy S4 on att. which is on MF3 build (means bootloader locked down) and i have a custom Touchwiz rom (thanks to the people on xda) on it well to the point of the story i get about a little over a day on batt life with juice defender. with little use i am talking about screen on time a little over 2hrs (max batt time was 1 day, 10hrs, 12min with 3hrs 30min screen time and 2% left

so my questions, are would it be worth buying with out a contract?

a no brainer great batt life, ( what is everybody seeing with general use is there a thread to see?)

would it be worth getting since my gs4 is a 13mega pixel camera, and the maxx is a 10mega pixel (i take a lot of photos, either moving or using the max zoom on my gs4)

would this phone work great on att (i seen some threads about it and people been having trouble staying in hspa+ while the phone is moving)

can these be rooted and flashed i can imagine some insane batt life over stock based on what my gs4 got when i was able to flash a rom to it? i cant seem to find a forum on xda about this. and plus i dont like any bloatware i find most of the apps that came on my galaxy pointless

also i know these phones dont have a SD slot but that shouldnt matter that much,

thank yall for helping me out
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
    old phones- Blackberry curve-> iphone 3gs->iphone 4s->galaxy S3->galaxy S4

Default Re: should i trade in my Galaxy S4 for the maxx

Frankly, for what the phone costs off contract, and since you already have a current-gen fairly high end smartphone, it seems hard to justify the cost, unless you just have a ton of extra money, or can get a really good price for selling/trading your GS4. I would recommend the Maxx over the GS4 any day, but not by such a wide margin that I'd recommend spending hundreds to make the switch.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
    Thanked by:

You're just craving the new device. I get that all the time but I'm trying to learn to deal with it. I am so tempted to buy a Note 3 for no other reason than its new technology for me. I keep telling myself "but the stylus" but in reality I rarely use that. Will my next phone be a Note variation? Possibly. Will I get the Note 3? Maybe, but I would need to come into some serious cash. Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The OP is on ATT. I don't think he can use the Maxx on that network can he?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thank yall i think i should just wait to see what happens in the next 2 years, since my phone is only 4months old and everything works, i need to stop thinking about a phone and be glad i got safe strap for flashing roms
    Current phone- AT&T galaxy S4 16gb. 32gb storage. otter box defender. running MF3 ota, rooted and safe strapped
    rom slots 1, used for flashing test roms. my daily driver is alpha v10 on rom slot 2
    old phones- Blackberry curve-> iphone 3gs->iphone 4s->galaxy S3->galaxy S4
    Thanked by: