• 1 Post By doogald
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By gamefreak715
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Default What cases for the phone

Do you all use?
    For my s4 i use the outerbox defender.im happy with its protection,but will the case block wireless charger?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Default Re: What cases for the phone

Don't think so. My husband has a big case similar to the Defender on his Maxx, it even has a kick stand on the back, and it still works with wireless charging.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am using the Verizon case/holster (the case has a fold-out kickstand). I got one of the Incipio cases that was the ShopAndroid "deal of the day" but need a holster to fit it (I don't carry phones in my pocket).

I also use the Skinomi screen protector.

I haven't gone for a wireless charger yet.

Posted from my XT1080M
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm
    phathands likes this.

I've tried a few - Otterbox Commuter, Incipio DualPro, Griffin Reveal, the official bumper case.

The phone is already on the heavy side, and, as much as I like the idea of protecting the ports with the Otterbox, it makes the phone too heavy. The Incipio is better, but still too heavy. The Griffin Reveal is ok, but I keep using the bumper case. (I may go back to the Griffin for a while just because the only drawback of the bumper is that the power and volume buttons are harder to press.)

I don't use wireless charging. It just doesn't add value over wired charging for me. Maybe I'll change my mind if my USB port fails after the warranty expires...
    gamefreak715 likes this.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Never been a fan of cases, even though it's probably a good idea to have one. I am very protective and cautious so I never really felt like I needed to buy a case. Plus I can't stand how bulky some can be.

Diztronic. Highly recommended.

Global Posts
    2,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mark5019 View Post
    Do you all use?
    For my s4 i use the outerbox defender.im happy with its protection,but will the case block wireless charger?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    I have the Defender on my Maxx, and wireless charging works great with the Ghost 100 charger. But the Defender plus the holster is just too bulky for me. So, I got a Incipio DualPro case, and ordered this horizontal case from Amazon. It is made for a Maxx with the Defender/Commuter/DualPro type cases.
    Amazon.com: @Bny-Wireless Black Leather Holster Pouch For Motorola Droid Maxx / Ultra Xt1080 With Otter Box Defender/ Commuter Case: Cell Phones & Accessories
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceD View Post
    Diztronic. Highly recommended.
    I like Diztronic (Love that the buttons are coveted) but the case is slicker than I'd like.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

+1 for Diztronic. Very good quality, classy, good protection for how minimal it is. Sometimes I think I'd like some color, though.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

i ordered the Incipio Feather case. thin case, smooth grip, and great price. my only issue with the case is sometimes it's hard to feel the power button. Not an huge issue with this phone because every time i pick it up ... active notifications wakes up the phone for me.

Amazon.com: Incipio MT-294 feather for the Motorola DROID Maxx - Black - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    i ordered the Incipio Feather case. thin case, smooth grip, and great price. my only issue with the case is sometimes it's hard to feel the power button. Not an huge issue with this phone because every time i pick it up ... active notifications wakes up the phone for me.

Amazon.com: Incipio MT-294 feather for the Motorola DROID Maxx - Black - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    The problem with the Feather is that it doesn't protect a thing except the back Kevlar. In all honesty that's the least fragile part of the phone so I personally see no reason to even use a case at this point unless it provides better grip.

skatergirl likes this.

ROM
    I don't root.

Speck Candyshell Grip case for Droid Maxx. That's my vote for best all around. Verizon shell and holster is second place. Didn't like the bumper case or the Incipio case.

Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.

+1 on the speck.... Provides decent protection, and by far the best grip, with minimum added thickness...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

I went caseless for 2 months but decided to try the incipio case that was for sale on here last week. It fits really well and I'm confident it offers great protection. I'm still debating on whether or not it is needed, however. I did drop the phone and scuffed an edge so it hides that tiny scuff, if nothing else.

Posted via Android Central App
    sforsyth01 likes this.

Another vote for the Speck candyshell case. Good protection and excellent grip and not a huge amount of bulk. I like the official bumper case also, but the Kevlar back is a little slippery for me.
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    The problem with the Feather is that it doesn't protect a thing except the back Kevlar. In all honesty that's the least fragile part of the phone so I personally see no reason to even use a case at this point unless it provides better grip.

I had tried the Incipio Feather, and it did not provide enough coverage for me. I use the Incipio dual pro and I like it quite a lot, though nothing beats not having a case. Love the feel of a case-less phone.
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I ordered the holster that pappy53 linked to from Amazon (Amazon.com: @Bny-Wireless Black Leather Holster Pouch For Motorola Droid Maxx / Ultra Xt1080 With Otter Box Defender/ Commuter Case: Cell Phones & Accessories) and it arrived earlier this week.

Plenty of room with the Incipio Dual Pro on the Maxx (in fact, it is loose inside this holster). Magnetic closure, so no Velcro noise in meetings or other quiet places; the flap is a "full" flap so security is not an issue. Has a non-swivel belt clip and belt loops. Using the loops makes the case very secure on the belt. The Amazon listing calls the holster "black" but the photos look brown. In person, it's a very dark brown under some lighting, black under other lighting.

The Incipio has better corner and end coverage than the Verizon OEM case/holster (). It also has a slightly higher face bumper than the Verizon case. The Incipio covers the power and volume buttons, but I have not trouble using them - it actually feels easier than the exposed phone buttons in the Verizon case.

The only feature I miss is the kickstand on the Verizon case, but it is not a major issue. I'd be interested if Trident came out with a case with a Kickstand (wink wink, nudge nudge)
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-20-2013 at 05:47 AM.