Why no AC: Pirates love for the Maxx?

silinthar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why the Maxx is getting no love from Ubisoft and their new Assassin's Creed: Pirates game. They sent me a list of compatable devices, SG2 being on the list. So why are we not getting any of that fun?:mad:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know this sucks.... Lucky I can play it on the tablet until they allow our devices.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I ended up side loading it. works perfectly fine with no lag. There's ZERO reason they couldn't let Moto X/Droid people download it.

Superguy25

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I posted this a few days on the article, but no one bothered to read it. I got it working on my Note 2.

"I got this to work on my Verizon Note II but it was a pain in the ****.

After trying a few market hacks with little success, I saw it was compatible with the SGS 3. My wife has one, so I logged into my account on her phone, bought it, and installed it. I copied the Obb file up to my Windows server with ES Explorer, but I couldn't find the APK. I backed it up with Titanium Backup, took the 3 files created from that, and sent it up to my server.

I copied everything back down to my Note II. The Obb file goes in /sdcard/Android/obb/com.ubisoft.assassin.pirates. The other 3 files go in your TiBu directory. I then restored the app with TiBu and ran it. It worked.

I had typo in the obb file path and it just redownloaded the obb no problem.

The incompatibility is a myth IME ... I think it's just lazy coding. There is no reason it can't be installed on a Note if the SGS 3 can handle it.

If you can buy the app on another phone and get the apk to your phone, you have a good shot it working (assuming newer phones). You can probably even ignore the obb file and let it download, making it even easier.

I'm still on JB 4.1.2 btw.

Good luck! :)"