Rocketfish Miracast for Droid Maxx

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is looking for a miracast device for the droid maxx this one works pretty good. I bought it from best buy on special $29.99 down from $79.99 (50 off). I wasn't sure if I should get because of the reviews but tried it anyways figuring I could return the item if it didn't work. So far so good. Does what it says it does. I tried videos, pictures even games. I also tried sling player and it streams to the tv with sound. I used to use a mhl adapter but the droid maxx doesn't support it so had to use the wireless display. Pretty easy to setup only took a few minutes. I did end up updating the firmware which is very easy and didn't take long at all. Here is the link:

Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver RF-WFD301 - Best Buy

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never used or had the use for products like this, but I am think of getting one. Why would you but this over Chromecast?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stilly1155

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I've never used or had the use for products like this, but I am think of getting one. Why would you but this over Chromecast?

With Chromecast there are only some things like netflix and plex and a few other programs that you can cast to your TV. With this you can mirror your phone to your TV and run what ever you want on there.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Plus with chromecast you need to attach to a WiFi network. With this it goes right from phone to device. Helpful for people who may need to use it where a WiFi network isn't available

Posted via Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Plus with chromecast you need to attach to a WiFi network. With this it goes right from phone to device. Helpful for people who may need to use it where a WiFi network isn't available

Posted via Android Central App

That is an important distinction for me, as I do plan to use it in areas that I may not be able to access the wifi.

ken_k#AC

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up one up at Best Buy and had no problem with the setup. I was testing it with Netflix and do have an audio-sync issue. I haven't updated the firmware yet though.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems like none of these miracast things are perfect. I had looked around for one but none had great reviews. I only took a chance on this one because it dropped in price so much and figured I could return it if needed. I like it so far. Hopefully it stays like that.

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the rocket fish, but I'm not sold on it yet. Since I already have a Chromecast, I had to plug it into the outlet, every time I turn the TV off, it powers it back on. Also, the quality was poor, and when I got a phone call, I had to get up and press the wps button to reconnect it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app