1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Install/Update/Enable Google Play Services

just updated several apps (all from reliable sources...google play music, google play keyboard, motorola camera, instagram) and now I get the above message. I click on the apps button and they "shop" button is gone from the top-right portion of the screen. phone works completely normal other than than the fact that the play store short-cut is gone from the apps screen and it keeps trying to connect to load "com.google.android.keep" I tried to access keep, but then I get this warning:

This app won't without Google Play Services, which are missing from your phone

any ideas?

thanks
    -ja

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: Install/Update/Enable Google Play Services

Quote Originally Posted by eewwyeah View Post
    just updated several apps (all from reliable sources...google play music, google play keyboard, motorola camera, instagram) and now I get the above message. I click on the apps button and they "shop" button is gone from the top-right portion of the screen. phone works completely normal other than than the fact that the play store short-cut is gone from the apps screen and it keeps trying to connect to load "com.google.android.keep" I tried to access keep, but then I get this warning:

This app won't without Google Play Services, which are missing from your phone

any ideas?

thanks
    -ja
    Are you still signed in to the Play Store? Did you reboot?

If you click on Apps than click on the hamburger button top left(4 stacked bars...looks like a burger) isn't the shop button in there now? The shop button should be in there for each of the categories.(Movies,books etc).
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

via a pc I can access my account and it shows all of my apps. I've rebooted, cleared cache, uninstalled apps, deleted google account and added it back again. i'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can't access the play store via the phone. there is no button. it is gone

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

I had this once and it was darned frustrating. Turns out it disabled itself (I sure didn't do it!). So check your apps, scroll all the way down to where the disabled ones are, hopefully it's right there.Enable and bam.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks. it wasn't disabled, it was nowhere to be found. just did the factory reset. all is back to normal. still curious as to what caused it though

Quote Originally Posted by eewwyeah View Post
    just updated several apps (all from reliable sources...
    -ja
    If by "reliable sources" you did not mean Google Play Store then, I would say, it's possible you got infected with malware

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    If by "reliable sources" you did not mean Google Play Store then, I would say, it's possible you got infected with malware

Posted via Android Central App
    no. everything was from the Play Store. I have had no issues since the factory reset

Glad everything is working now.
    Did you disable any "bloatware?" maybe something was disabled that google play services needed.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Install/Update/Enable Google Play Services::-