droid command center

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you use the command center widget? I am using it but I find it a bit redundant because I can access all the shortcuts it provides from the quick settings in the notification area.

Posted via Android Central App

::Montgomery::

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using it and started using the 1Weather widget. I like the ability to have different sized widgets depending on my mood with the layout of my home screen. I also started using the GSam battery monitor as well to keep tabs on my battery usage.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I use it. I think it looks cool...I do wish it could be customized...not a fan of Accuweather...but those three things at a glance: time, temp, battery...pretty handy.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's neat, but for me it ate up too much space, especially when the time & battery info are in the top bar, so it ate up 2/5 of the screen just to tell me the weather, exact battery level (which I don't care about, because the Maxx is awesome), and easier to read time. I'd rather have other things in prime real estate. At first I moved it to one of the other home screens, but it eventually got tossed.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am still using it, mostly because I like the way it looks. I don't use the functionality too much -- occasionally the battery stats or link to the alarm. Nothing that can't be done with other tools.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
See I'm torn. I like the way it looks. I like seeing the battery level on the hone screen. But with a swipe and click I got it. And it does take up a lot of room.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I use it. I think it looks cool...I do wish it could be customized...not a fan of Accuweather...but those three things at a glance: time, temp, battery...pretty handy.

I highly suggest the OneMoreClock widget. It's what I'm using to get all of those things on my home screen, but it allows a lot more customization. If I tap on the time it takes me to my alarm clock settings. If I tap on the weather it opens up Weatherbug. If I tap on the battery it opens up my battery stats. Pretty awesome. I'm using the chrome rings skin, in case you're wondering.
9egy8uje.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I highly suggest the OneMoreClock widget. It's what I'm using to get all of those things on my home screen, but it allows a lot more customization. If I tap on the time it takes me to my alarm clock settings. If I tap on the weather it opens up Weatherbug. If I tap on the battery it opens up my battery stats. Pretty awesome. I'm using the chrome rings skin, in case you're wondering.

I tried that widget. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that it doesn't have the ability to display weather by default in whatever location you are in> For example, if I travel from home to San Francisco, I would need to manually put in SF as a location, right? Unlike the DCC widget.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried that widget. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that it doesn't have the ability to display weather by default in whatever location you are in> For example, if I travel from home to San Francisco, I would need to manually put in SF as a location, right? Unlike the DCC widget.

No it does. I go between NYC and New Jersey almost every day and it always says which city the weather is being displayed from.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I used from the command center was the clock and alarm, and the battery. The weather is not something I used a bunch, nor any of the other features.

I recently turned it off just to test if it would improve battery, disabling the weather and command center completely.

Anybody have good suggestions for clock widgets, or anything else that does something similar as the Command Center, but might be less straining on the battery?

Or do does anybody notice battery drain related to the command center at all? I'm not entirely sure, and was just curious to see.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Mine has no issue with switching back and forth depending on where I am. I have mine set up to auto detect my location and it always switches for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm gonna stay command center free. Just takes up space. Didn't use the clock widget on my HTC phone.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Awesome find, Defective! Thanks so much. Took some time to figure out how to customize it and connect my own weather/alarm apps...but well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos