Verizon plastic hard case

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I hot a plastic hard case from the Verizon store. It has a carbon fiber design on the back. Anyone have this one? I like it so far but I found that the buttons are a bit difficult to press.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No but I've seen it. Wasn't a huge fan of the look so I stick with the Diztronic.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I hot a plastic hard case from the Verizon store. It has a carbon fiber design on the back. Anyone have this one? I like it so far but I found that the buttons are a bit difficult to press.

The Griffin Reveal has a hard, transparent plastic back but the buttons are easy to press, if you want to try that one.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting used to pressing the buttons with this case on. Just gotta change the war you apply pressure. It's pretty nice. I was worried it was running against the buttons but I haven't found any issues with functionality

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon hard case with a holster. It has a design that might be classified as carbon fiber-looking. I like it because of a) the holster and b) it has a little kick-out stand that nicely supports the phone vertically or horizontally. The buttons are actually completely exposed. Nothing feels as nice as the Kevlar on the bare phone, though.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon hard case with a holster. It has a design that might be classified as carbon fiber-looking. I like it because of a) the holster and b) it has a little kick-out stand that nicely supports the phone vertically or horizontally. The buttons are actually completely exposed. Nothing feels as nice as the Kevlar on the bare phone, though.

I have that on my bionic. I liked the case a lot, but the kickstand did break quickly. I put a sticker on it to keep it in place. I ended up getting the otter box defender for the Maxx. I wanted better protection. It's a good thing I did. I dropped it out of the car yesterday. I found it under the car on some snow and laying on the holster. The phone is fine thankfully.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have that on my bionic. I liked the case a lot, but the kickstand did break quickly. I put a sticker on it to keep it in place. I ended up getting the otter box defender for the Maxx. I wanted better protection. It's a good thing I did. I dropped it out of the car yesterday. I found it under the car on some snow and laying on the holster. The phone is fine thankfully.

Soon after I got mine it got knocked off the coffee table onto a tiled floor in the rec room and broke the kickstand. Yes, pretty fragile. Had to get a new case.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the case that is smooth plastic and has a carbon fiber decal on the back. I doubt that it would help at all in a fall. Mostly to prevent scratches and for looks I guess.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the case that is smooth plastic and has a carbon fiber decal on the back. I doubt that it would help at all in a fall. Mostly to prevent scratches and for looks I guess.

One thing that almost all cases do is add a little rubberized or plastic rim around the edge of the device. For a device like the Maxx that features edge-to-edge glass, that little cushion could be important if the phone is dropped.