Creaky MAXX

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with a creaky phone? Like I can push in on the top edge and it makes a creaking noise.

I also bought the phone from Amazon... Any ideas on what to do about possibly getting a replacement? Can I bring it to a vzw corporate store?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue on my original device and had it replaced. It worked fine until it made an old creaky bed frame noise that was extremely loud so it was replaced. The build quality is great if you get the right phone but it seem hit or miss.

Last edited:

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Called VZW tech support - got a very helpful CSR who offered to send me a new replacement phone on the spot - all I did was say that my phone was really creaky and that I could stick a fingernail inside the seam of the device, and she said she would overnight me a new MAXX. Her willingness to send me a new one makes me wonder if the problem is a little more widespread than we might think.

I'm not usually this anal, but the creak would drive me crazy for 2 years. And the fact that my wife's MAXX doesn't do it is just more motivation for me to go ahead and get a replacement under the mfg. warranty.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Called VZW tech support - got a very helpful CSR who offered to send me a new replacement phone on the spot - all I did was say that my phone was really creaky and that I could stick a fingernail inside the seam of the device, and she said she would overnight me a new MAXX. Her willingness to send me a new one makes me wonder if the problem is a little more widespread than we might think.

I'm not usually this anal, but the creak would drive me crazy for 2 years. And the fact that my wife's MAXX doesn't do it is just more motivation for me to go ahead and get a replacement under the mfg. warranty.

Was this an insurance deal or did they replace it under the manufacturers warranty?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Was this an insurance deal or did they replace it under the manufacturers warranty?

They will do it under warranty. I had to do it twice total - once during my 14 day period so I returned it and once months later when the back creaked like an old bed frame. I just told them my back cover is creaky and had a pop feeling. Mentioned there is no removable back cover so this is unacceptable.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
How long is the warranty good for...I am working out of state away from home so I don't have access to my paperwork and box. Just wondering how much time I have if I decide to try and get it replaced.
Plus I just signed up for something that required me to give my IMEI number so if I switch phones I won't get that which I signed up for.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How long is the warranty good for...I am working out of state away from home so I don't have access to my paperwork and box. Just wondering how much time I have if I decide to try and get it replaced.
Plus I just signed up for something that required me to give my IMEI number so if I switch phones I won't get that which I signed up for.

You can always switch IMEI. What did you sign up for? The soak testing from motorola?

The warranty is 1 year on your device. A replacement carriers the remainder of your 1 year warranty or 90 days (whichever is greater)

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You can always switch IMEI. What did you sign up for? The soak testing from motorola?

The warranty is 1 year on your device. A replacement carriers the remainder of your 1 year warranty or 90 days (whichever is greater)

I can't tell you... They told me not to (-; ... Thanks for the warranty information.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you... They told me not to (-; ... Thanks for the warranty information.

Motorola says not to discuss the soak testing but no where do they say signing up for the opportunity isn't a good conversation piece. ;)

If Motorola let people talk publicly about the update maybe the last update wouldn't have totally made my Maxx unusable. :(

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Motorola says not to discuss the soak testing but no where do they say signing up for the opportunity isn't a good conversation piece. ;)

If Motorola let people talk publicly about the update maybe the last update wouldn't have totally made my Maxx unusable. :(

Oh dang how did that happen

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh dang how did that happen

No idea. After the update when I was on WiFi I would randomly lose all signal including mobile data. I had 4 replacements and all of them did it. I tried not updating and that day it worked fine but it forced itself while I slept and then that day I dropped calls again.

I switched to a Note 3 on Sunday and have not experienced one dropped call or signal loss. Further proof that Motorola screwed up, badly.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yah I found your post about dropped signals... Sorry to hear that man but it seems this should be more wide spread of a problem. We shall see about the next update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay