Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Creaky MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Glad to hear. Hang on to that one for as long as possible. I wonder if the phone loosens if it sits in those Verizon "plastic" films too long while in transit. I try and keep it to one day with no weekends.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    I was wondering too if it's just going to do this if you don't use a case. I don't use cases I rather the phone to be as sleak as possible and I carry it in my pocket 90% of the time. I can't wear it on a belt or side because my job has me climbing around the inside of aircraft in places that are pretty tight. Mine didn't creak at all when I first got it but it has slowly started and getting worse. The creaking doesn't really bother me I just worry that it may get to the point of the back popping off. But I think I will go ahead and see if I can get a replacement at least once when I get to where I can.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret

Default Re: Creaky MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by perkdog65 View Post
    I was wondering too if it's just going to do this if you don't use a case. I don't use cases I rather the phone to be as sleak as possible and I carry it in my pocket 90% of the time. I can't wear it on a belt or side because my job has me climbing around the inside of aircraft in places that are pretty tight. Mine didn't creak at all when I first got it but it has slowly started and getting worse. The creaking doesn't really bother me I just worry that it may get to the point of the back popping off. But I think I will go ahead and see if I can get a replacement at least once when I get to where I can.
    The Verizon store carries a gel case which fits extremely tight that I suspect causes the creaking to begin. That's why my first one creaked immediately. I then used the next phone with the same case and a month later it creaked loud enough to hear 50 feet away. No joke. So my next phone I used a Diztronic case and it never had an issue. Shortly after Motorola updated it and bricked it. The next phone was creaky right out of the box.

Trust me the back isn't popping off but if it feels like it's going to than replace it. I took apart a RAZR Maxx (original) and while creaky it was held together very well. Just annoying.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12