Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: It begins...

Still sunny here in California

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I am getting the same thing with Nova. I wrote the developer. Hopefully there is a fix cause it is aggravating. But if I don't use Nova I don't get the pretty translucent app drawer. And if I don't use Nova I am stuck with the Google search bar on my screens.
    Here are the Nova settings to fix that double tap action.

THANK YOU KEVIN at Nova for your quick response!!

Nova Settings > Gestures and Buttons > Home Button > None

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimBen73 View Post
    Still sunny here in California

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Serious?
    ~Janet~

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

When updating to 4.4 was everything erased from your phone like a factory reset? I don't remember if that was the case with the last update. And it shocks me that all the blue was not removed in 4.4. Bothers me, actually. I expected it to look just like 4.4 on the nexus products.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by INGrep View Post
    When updating to 4.4 was everything erased from your phone like a factory reset? I don't remember if that was the case with the last update. And it shocks me that all the blue was not removed in 4.4. Bothers me, actually. I expected it to look just like 4.4 on the nexus products.

Nothing gets erased - all your apps, media, and settings remain intact.

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have the paid version.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocal View Post
    Already having an issue when hitting the home button. It seems to be double tapping when I hit it. On action launcher, it will take me home then open the so drawer. On Nova, it will go home then zoom out to show all the home pages....

I had to cut off home preview because of this.. hopefully a new update is coming soon

I hope you guys who are having problems are reporting it on the Moto forum if you're part of the soak test.
    The problem with pressing the Home button doing funky stuff is a bug the Droids are having with Kit Kat. You shouldn't contact the Nova developer about it because it needs to be addressed by Moto.
    Tap to pay works but you have to enable NFC first. I did my first tapping to paying to buy some gas. Woohoo!
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    I hope you guys who are having problems are reporting it on the Moto forum if you're part of the soak test.
    The problem with pressing the Home button doing funky stuff is a bug the Droids are having with Kit Kat. You shouldn't contact the Nova developer about it because it needs to be addressed by Moto.
    Tap to pay works but you have to enable NFC first. I did my first tapping to paying to buy some gas. Woohoo!
    Not everybody in the soak got access to the forum because of the # of people in the soak. or so I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by like2angle View Post
    I got the update today!
    Well the Bluetooth is now working properly again, I am quite pleased about that. Google Wallet tap to pay, still no go... Was an advertised feature of kitkat.
    Other then that I have on seen a couple of minor changes but I have only had it for a few hours.
    Funny, my experience is exactly the opposite.

My BT remains broken. The difference is now it knows it is not connected, which is an improvement. I was streaming music on my commute today which reminded me how well my BT worked with the initial OS.

I installed wallet and it looks like tap to pay should work. It pulled my old receipts and card data in. I will confirm in the morning when I make my normal coffee run.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phissure View Post
    Not everybody in the soak got access to the forum because of the # of people in the soak. or so I hear...
    The soak will probably be going on for another day or two. Anyone who is having any issues with the update the next couple of days, feel free to PM me what the problem is if you don't have access to the forum and I'll report it there for you. Moto needs to know about the bugs so they can fix them.

There's reports on the Motorola forum and other Android forums that the update is bricking some phones. I'm going to wait to download until I know for sure what's going on.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beeare View Post
    There's reports on the Motorola forum and other Android forums that the update is bricking some phones. I'm going to wait to download until I know for sure what's going on.

This kind of statements must be accompanied by clarification of the bricked phones being rooted or not.
    perkdog65 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRussian007 View Post
    This kind of statements must be accompanied by clarification of the bricked phones being rooted or not.
    Sorry, don't know much other than what I've read, but looked like numerous unrooted phones also affected. Figured I'd pass on the note just in case, even if it's a false report, because it would suck if this happens to anybody. As somebody who is looking forward to the update, I'd be extremely upset if my phone gets stuck or stops working all of a sudden. There's clearly numerous reports of successful updates, but looks possible there's an issue with the update. Honestly the issue with the double tapping button alone is enough to keep me waiting until I learn more.

Sorry, don't know much other than what I've read, but looked like numerous unrooted phones also affected. Figured I'd pass on the note just in case, even if it's a false report, because it would suck if this happens to anybody. As somebody who is looking forward to the update, I'd be extremely upset if my phone gets stuck or stops working all of a sudden. There's clearly numerous reports of successful updates, but looks possible there's an issue with the update. Honestly the issue with the double tapping button alone is enough to keep me waiting until I learn more.

The folks reporting this on the motor forums are running stock.

Also reports of the update breaking mobile data.... hoping moto/verizon stopped the update till they get this figured out.

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think there is something wrong with Verizon data in general tonight because I have not got the update yet and had no data earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by drvier8 View Post
    Also reports of the update breaking mobile data.... hoping moto/verizon stopped the update till they get this figured out.
    Many of the people saying they had no data after the update are now saying the do have data. One person said his wife's Razr lost data the same time his phone did and VZW said they're having issues. It appears to be a VZW problem, not a Kit Kat problem.
    If you're going to report from what people are posting on the forums, please read all of the posts and report on everything so you don't cause unnecessary panicking.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    Many of the people saying they had no data after the update are now saying the do have data. One person said his wife's Razr lost data the same time his phone did and VZW said they're having issues. It appears to be a VZW problem, not a Kit Kat problem.
    If you're going to report from what people are posting on the forums, please read all of the posts and report on everything so you don't cause unnecessary panicking.
    As above. I called Verizon support on a separate issue and waited a while. The rep said they had been getting killed tonight.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by phathands View Post
    As above. I called Verizon support on a separate issue and waited a while. The rep said they had been getting killed tonight.

Sent from my DROID MAXX
    I haven't received the update and lost data for about an hour between 7:30pm-8:30pm. Then I was stuck on 3G for like 30-40 min after that. In NYC. Data issue might not be related to update.

I feel fortunate my Maxx has survived the update so far.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Are there any noticeable improvements to the camera as mentioned in the change-log for those running it?

Global Posts
    2,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Any links for these forums? I would like to read what people are saying. Also, I didn't see anything about bricked phones on Moto's forum.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Any links for these forums? I would like to read what people are saying. Also, I didn't see anything about bricked phones on Moto's forum.

I found a link from this forum to the moto forum, but this one has a bunch of posts related to the issue.

Global Posts
    2,072 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I found a link from this forum to the moto forum, but this one has a bunch of posts related to the issue.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

I need help people, when I try to attach a photo in hangouts, the default app that the phone uses to select the photo is quick office, no idea how it got to be like that. Does anyone else notice that?? More importantly is there a way to change it??

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast