It begins...

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There's reports on the Motorola forum and other Android forums that the update is bricking some phones. I'm going to wait to download until I know for sure what's going on.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
There's reports on the Motorola forum and other Android forums that the update is bricking some phones. I'm going to wait to download until I know for sure what's going on.

This kind of statements must be accompanied by clarification of the bricked phones being rooted or not.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This kind of statements must be accompanied by clarification of the bricked phones being rooted or not.

Sorry, don't know much other than what I've read, but looked like numerous unrooted phones also affected. Figured I'd pass on the note just in case, even if it's a false report, because it would suck if this happens to anybody. As somebody who is looking forward to the update, I'd be extremely upset if my phone gets stuck or stops working all of a sudden. There's clearly numerous reports of successful updates, but looks possible there's an issue with the update. Honestly the issue with the double tapping button alone is enough to keep me waiting until I learn more.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, don't know much other than what I've read, but looked like numerous unrooted phones also affected. Figured I'd pass on the note just in case, even if it's a false report, because it would suck if this happens to anybody. As somebody who is looking forward to the update, I'd be extremely upset if my phone gets stuck or stops working all of a sudden. There's clearly numerous reports of successful updates, but looks possible there's an issue with the update. Honestly the issue with the double tapping button alone is enough to keep me waiting until I learn more.

The folks reporting this on the motor forums are running stock.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also reports of the update breaking mobile data.... hoping moto/verizon stopped the update till they get this figured out.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I think there is something wrong with Verizon data in general tonight because I have not got the update yet and had no data earlier.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Also reports of the update breaking mobile data.... hoping moto/verizon stopped the update till they get this figured out.

Many of the people saying they had no data after the update are now saying the do have data. One person said his wife's Razr lost data the same time his phone did and VZW said they're having issues. It appears to be a VZW problem, not a Kit Kat problem.
If you're going to report from what people are posting on the forums, please read all of the posts and report on everything so you don't cause unnecessary panicking.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Many of the people saying they had no data after the update are now saying the do have data. One person said his wife's Razr lost data the same time his phone did and VZW said they're having issues. It appears to be a VZW problem, not a Kit Kat problem.
If you're going to report from what people are posting on the forums, please read all of the posts and report on everything so you don't cause unnecessary panicking.

As above. I called Verizon support on a separate issue and waited a while. The rep said they had been getting killed tonight.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
As above. I called Verizon support on a separate issue and waited a while. The rep said they had been getting killed tonight.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

I haven't received the update and lost data for about an hour between 7:30pm-8:30pm. Then I was stuck on 3G for like 30-40 min after that. In NYC. Data issue might not be related to update.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Any links for these forums? I would like to read what people are saying. Also, I didn't see anything about bricked phones on Moto's forum.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I need help people, when I try to attach a photo in hangouts, the default app that the phone uses to select the photo is quick office, no idea how it got to be like that. Does anyone else notice that?? More importantly is there a way to change it??

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Are there any noticeable improvements to the camera as mentioned in the change-log for those running it?

THe basic thing I've noticed is that you can drag a control to a focus point (which is also used for white balance calculation). So, if you are taking a backlit photo, you can drag the control to the person in the photo and it will brighten the photo.

I need help people, when I try to attach a photo in hangouts, the default app that the phone uses to select the photo is quick office, no idea how it got to be like that. Does anyone else notice that?? More importantly is there a way to change it??

I'd say go into settings->apps, find QuickOffice and tap it, and look for a button that says "clear defaults".

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

When you select add a photo do you get a menu bar (three horizontal lines) on the top left corner area?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
THe basic thing I've noticed is that you can drag a control to a focus point (which is also used for white balance calculation). So, if you are taking a backlit photo, you can drag the control to the person in the photo and it will brighten the photo.

I'd say go into settings->apps, find QuickOffice and tap it, and look for a button that says "clear defaults".

Can you tell me what you mean by drag control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv