1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Griffin reveal case

Just picked one up. Anyone have any issues with the rubber loosening?

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Griffin reveal case

Hmm...is it visible? Could you post a pic if so?
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't have this issue. I was just curious. I've has it happen on past silicone cases like otterbox

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Aaaah, preemptive worrying.
    Live long and prosper.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well curious. Can't find many reviews online. And if it is a problem I might want to exchange the case.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My concern is pulling the phone in and out of my pocket will stretch the rubber out b
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I was thinking about exchanging for the speck candy grip case. Although I like that the back of this case is clear and shows off the cool kevlar back

Have had one since I got the phone in September. No issues except the clear part is a major scratch magnet.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I ended up exchanging for the speck case. I like the reveal but it slides off my lap still. So I got the speck for added grip. Now I can't get it out of my pocket lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    I ended up exchanging for the speck case. I like the reveal but it slides off my lap still. So I got the speck for added grip. Now I can't get it out of my pocket lol.
    Yea, the Candy Shell Grip is very grippy! But its great in the hand - you won't be likely to drop it!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah that's the point. To be honest the jeans I'm wearing are a bit tight in the pocket area (not skinny jeans just straight cut). I don't think I'll have an issue in my khakis or loose fit jeans.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by graphitedv View Post
    Have had one since I got the phone in September. No issues except the clear part is a major scratch magnet.
    Im not worried about the case getting scratched. That's what it's for. It doesn't scratch the phone does it?

No it does not scratch the phone. The only reason I mentioned the clear part being a scratch magnet was that it really collects scratches! Mine is in a holster most of the time and it had turned completely opaque. I since have gone with no case... feels better and looks better.

I have this case, too, and it's fine, but I noticed the problems with the plastic back scratching as well. The strange thing is that the back of the Maxx is very scratch resistant anyway. I have gone back to the bumper case. The only thing about the bumper is that it makes the buttons a little harder to press compared with no case and with a case like the Griffin Reveal. Still, this phone is heavy enough - putting a case even as light as this one makes it feel like you're carrying an anchor in your pocket.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I've been switching between this case and the candyshell grip case. I've switched at least a dozen times. The candyshell case provides more protection but is too grippy so I've gone back to the Griffin. It's an awesome case.