Apps that don't work (or don't work right) on Kit Kat

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I received a beta version of the handcent app from the developers that should fix some of the problems. I am sharing it on my Google drive acct here.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I received a beta version of the handcent app from the developers that should fix some of the problems. I am sharing it on my Google drive acct here.

Awesome. I'm glad the devs are working to get it resolved for us. Let us know how it works out for you, if you don't mind! In the meantime I've been using Textra, which is pretty nice, but I still want to go back to Handcent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. I'm glad the devs are working to get it resolved for us. Let us know how it works out for you, if you don't mind! In the meantime I've been using Textra, which is pretty nice, but I still want to go back to Handcent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Handcent sent me this upgraded app and now everything works as it did before the KitKat upgrade.

Attachments

• hc_sms.apk3.apk
    6.7 MB · Views: 434

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think this version is in the app store this morning. I am still looking for a good texting app; I am going to give this a try.

Oh ... good that the update is in the app store. I like Handcent because of its features and customization options. It offers a bunch of skins and one of my favorite options is the delay in sending. I have mine set at five seconds in the event I am sending to the wrong person (I am sure we have all done that) or I notice a big typo. I can stop it before it goes. I also like that I can schedule texts in Handcent.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with motorola connect since the update? Mine hasn't been able to connect at all.

Yeah. Mine did the same thing. I finally turned it off.

Also, Wordament doesn't appear to work with ART...

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I did notice the Yahoo! Sports app does not work well when using ART, as opposed to Dalvik. I tested this on my Nexus 7, but I assume the same for my MAXX.

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The text message alert stopped working on my Panasonic KX-TG78xx home phone system after I upgraded to KitKat 4.4. When I look at the Bluetooth settings for that device, sometimes MAP shows and is checked, but usually MAP doesn't even show up - just the 'Connected to Phone Audio.' But, even when the MAP shows as connected, the text alert still doesn't work on the Panasonic KX-TG78. Even if I install the workaround app - 'Text Message Alert' -from Panasonic the Panasonic phone still doesn't alert. The phone audio feature thru the Panasonic still works fine, though.

I know the Panasonic phone text alert feature works ok, because my girlfriend's iPhone 5 still text message alerts on the Panasonic.

Also, on my car, phone audio, music over Bluetooth, and text messages displaying on the Nav screen all work ok.

Justin Stepp

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a good glitch. I prefer to use the Facebook website instead of the app and now you can no longer post a picture to Facebook. When you select to post a picture you are given two options:

take a new one with your camera

Or

Use a document viewer which fails

You can longer select a picture using the gallery of even photos app.

Posted via Android Central App

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a good glitch. I prefer to use the Facebook website instead of the app and now you can no longer post a picture to Facebook. When you select to post a picture you are given two options:

take a new one with your camera

Or

Use a document viewer which fails

You can longer select a picture using the gallery of even photos app.

Yes you can. Select "Documents" on the first prompt and then you will be given more options: Google Drive, Images, Downloads, Photo, Gallery, and more options depending on apps you have installed

Lyle J

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Received 4.4 update this morning and Fancy Widgets 5.5.5 is not working properly. Selecting the forecast on the widget opens the full weather app but now it's overlaying my default screen. Also, pressing the hour on the clock no longer opens the alarm app.

Also having an issue with Apex Launcher Pro 2.2. Pressing the home key is supposed to bring up screen previews. It does but doesn't go back to my default screen like it did before the update.

So far these are the only issues I've found. Have sent an email to the Dev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon