Force the update

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there are a fair number of bricked Maxxes out there right now, so I would hesitate to try and force the update until it's sorted out.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ugghhh. Probably from not reading up enough. And/or barging ahead when they don't know what they're doing. I tried to spread the word as fast as I could.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ugghhh. Probably from not reading up enough. And/or barging ahead when they don't know what they're doing. I tried to spread the word as fast as I could.

Betcha most/all due to being rooted with RMM. It wipes stock recovery. No recovery, no update plus soft brick. I haven't any personal experience, but the Motor X could revert back after the OTA. Maybe the same with the Droid line as well.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Thankfully, mine is fine, but there are any, many people with stock, never-been-rooted phones are reporting problems with the update. Motorola says that they are working on a solution.