ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

teknologeez

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
the free $50 worked for me.. got the credit within a couple of minutes of signing up... yes it needs a social security and this is a real prepaid card.
i was able to use the credit today at Stater Bros.. $50 worth of groceries for the new year.. heck yah!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and got one. Got the 50 bucks. Why not? Time to get the wife set up and make it a 100.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

adamhudson

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
$50 offer just worked for me as well.

Will this work at any tap and pay terminal or does that specific merchant need to have isis support?

Posted via Android Central App

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Will this work at any tap and pay terminal or does that specific merchant need to have isis support?

I was wondering the same thing but I set mine up last night and got the 50$ and used it at McDonalds this morning.

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

OK so I happen to work for a toy retailer ;) and was part of the ISIS implementation team so I can help answer some of these questions.

1) ISIS Mobile Wallet should work at any NFC enabled store. Retailers don't have to do anything special on their end in order to accept PAYMENTS from normal credit cards. As long as the retailer accepts the card (Visa, AMEX, etc.) and have the NFC label (the 3 blue waves) then it will work.

2) However, the 'benefit' of ISIS wallet comes with 'COUPONS/OFFERS' and LOYALTY CARDS that you will notice within the app. Only certain merchants have worked with ISIS thus far to enable their systems to accept NFC Coupons through ISIS (Toys R Us being one of them) and Loyalty cards. You will know which merchants have worked directly with ISIS by looking at the Merchants/Offers area.

3) How do I find Merchants (retailers) with Offers that I can use? Open the application. On the top right you will see a + button. Select it and then press on Browse Offers. Right now, there is a $15 off $30 at Toys R Us, or $25 off a jambox at ATT. Select the offer, then select use selected offers now. At that point, your ready to go. When you scan your phone, the Offer + the Payment Card will be sent to the POS register. If you have an issue scanning at the POS, just leave your phone there a little longer than you think as it is passing more data when using a card + coupon at the same time.

4) If I add different credit cards, can I switch them on the fly? Yes. Open the app, and then simply FLICK your finger right or left to the correct card. Once chosen, wait 3-4 seconds for the NFC to update, which will be noted when it says "Ready to Pay" above the card.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I opened my account and got the $50. I wonder if I can use it as a downpayment on the Edge program, or device payment plan, at a corporate Verizon store?

adamhudson

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Got gas today at wawa with the $50 they give you on the Amex serve card, felt pretty cool just waving the phone to complete the transaction. Going to wait for the 20% and add more $ if I get that until 1/31.