Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Read about this on XDA Developers forum. I know Google Wallet is accepted at more places, but ISIS is accepted at several places in my area.
    ISIS Mobile Wallet - Verizon Wireless

    Just download and install the app from the Play Store and follow the prompts. My $50 showed up in my Amex Serve account within minutes.
    Off to Toys R Us to test it out.

    Havent verified that this other offer works, but i should know after my first purchase.
    ISIS 20%/$200 Offer
  2. #2  
    bearda's Avatar

    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    Read about this on XDA Developers forum. I know Google Wallet is accepted at more places, but ISIS is accepted at several places in my area.
    ISIS Mobile Wallet - Verizon Wireless

    Just download and install the app from the Play Store and follow the prompts. My $50 showed up in my Amex Serve account within minutes.
    Off to Toys R Us to test it out.

    Havent verified that this other offer works, but i should know after my first purchase.
    ISIS 20%/$200 Offer
    I've been using the second offer for a month or so now. Works great, especially since all the 7-11s and CVSs in my area have tap to pay terminals. Cheap gas and gift cards.
  3. #3  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    Read about this on XDA Developers forum. I know Google Wallet is accepted at more places, but ISIS is accepted at several places in my area.
    ISIS Mobile Wallet - Verizon Wireless

    Just download and install the app from the Play Store and follow the prompts. My $50 showed up in my Amex Serve account within minutes.
    Off to Toys R Us to test it out.

    Havent verified that this other offer works, but i should know after my first purchase.
    ISIS 20%/$200 Offer
    I just got both Google Wallet and Isis Wallet set up. I received my $50 credit ... wahoo. Not sure where all I can use both wallets but hopefully as time marches on more and more vendors will make the service available.
    ~Janet~
  4. #4  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I just got both Google Wallet and Isis Wallet set up. I received my $50 credit ... wahoo. Not sure where all I can use both wallets but hopefully as time marches on more and more vendors will make the service available.
    I have Wallet working but want to get Isis set up as well on my Verizon Moto X. When I go to open Isis it asks if I want to set it as my default payment method. I choose no and then the app quits. Did this happen to you?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Figured it out. Just go to settings under tap and pay and change it. Why I didn't figure that out in the first place I don't know.

    Posted via Android Central App
    skatergirl likes this.
  6. #6  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Just got back to my computer. Glad you figured it out!
    ~Janet~
  7. #7  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    I set mine up more than a month ago any got $10. How do I get the other $40?


    Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
    I set mine up more than a month ago any got $10. How do I get the other $40?
    Don't think you can. Offer was good for new sign ups only and had to be between certain dates. On another note it took 3 tries at Toys R Us before the terminal accepted payment. It did work though.
    Not sure how much I'll use it. I think until if and when It becomes more widely accepted it'll be a novelty that might not be worth the $1 a month charge. Im not entirely sure on the $1 a month charge, just saw someone post about it in another thread. Will have to read the fine print when I have the chance.
  9. #9  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    Don't think you can. Offer was good for new sign ups only and had to be between certain dates. On another note it took 3 tries at Toys R Us before the terminal accepted payment. It did work though.
    Not sure how much I'll use it. I think until if and when It becomes more widely accepted it'll be a novelty that might not be worth the $1 a month charge. Im not entirely sure on the $1 a month charge, just saw someone post about it in another thread. Will have to read the fine print when I have the chance.
    I didnt think there were any charges right now but I could be wrong. Let us know what you hear. Also, was there a wireless symbol on the terminal at Toys R Us?

    Posted via Android Central App
    ~Janet~
  10. #10  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I didnt think there were any charges right now but I could be wrong. Let us know what you hear. Also, was there a wireless symbol on the terminal at Toys R Us?

    Posted via Android Central App
    During my Isis set up, I was going to set up a Serve account based on this promo, but when I got to the mobile site on my phone, I found this:

    ISIS Wallet / Verizon  deal-amexserve.png

    I haven't had time to research this yet, so I'm not sure it the $1 fee applies only to having a card, or if it is waived for Isis. My gut reaction is that it's not worth $1 a month for as little as I will be able to use it. There just aren't that many tap and pay locations around here, and it seems like they will all accept Google Wallet.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Crazy question for those who are using Google Wallet and / or Isis...can you set up multiple credit cards using these systems? For instance, can I have my personal and business debit and credit cards set up so that when I "tap" or "wave" or "do the hokey pokey" I can choose which account will get hit?
  12. #12  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Crazy question for those who are using Google Wallet and / or Isis...can you set up multiple credit cards using these systems? For instance, can I have my personal and business debit and credit cards set up so that when I "tap" or "wave" or "do the hokey pokey" I can choose which account will get hit?
    I have not used the services yet, but yes, you can put all your cards in there and pick a default. I am not sure if you would have to change the default before the purchase because I have not had the pleasure yet of trying it out. I am sure someone here though knows that answer.
    ~Janet~
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post
    I didnt think there were any charges right now but I could be wrong. Let us know what you hear. Also, was there a wireless symbol on the terminal at Toys R Us?
    Yes there was a wireless symbol on the terminal. The clerk was more excited than i was that it finally worked. I may not have waited for both the beep and vibrate before pulling my phone away. It did finally work on the 3rd try like i said. Used the whole $50 and paid the rest with cash.
    skatergirl likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    I think this link explains it clear enough. No fees if card is linked to your Isis account.
    https://www.serve.com/help/#/fees-and-limits-0

    Funny i was just checking my transactions and i was credited another $10 from Isis just yesterday.
    Thanked by 2:
    CattieBrie likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    They are asking for a social security number when signing up??/ Is there a way around this?
  16. #16  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    Yes there was a wireless symbol on the terminal. The clerk was more excited than i was that it finally worked. I may not have waited for both the beep and vibrate before pulling my phone away. It did finally work on the 3rd try like i said. Used the whole $50 and paid the rest with cash.
    That is awesome. I can't wait to see how it works.
    ~Janet~
  17. #17  
    skatergirl's Avatar
    Lovin' My Phone

    Posts
    1,877 Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTL2 View Post
    I think this link explains it clear enough. No fees if card is linked to your Isis account.
    https://www.serve.com/help/#/fees-and-limits-0

    Funny i was just checking my transactions and i was credited another $10 from Isis just yesterday.

    So did you see a $2.95 fee?
    ~Janet~
  18. #18  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Do you need to have kit kat update for this to work?

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post

    So did you see a $2.95 fee?
    Nope.
    The $10 was the 20% cash back on the $50 I spent. Might just have to use it for a larger purchase to shoot for another $190! Then again Xmas expenses are getting a little steep at this point.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    LOTL2's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by adamhudson View Post
    Do you need to have kit kat update for this to work?
    Double nope
  21. #21  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    the free $50 worked for me.. got the credit within a couple of minutes of signing up... yes it needs a social security and this is a real prepaid card.
    i was able to use the credit today at Stater Bros.. $50 worth of groceries for the new year.. heck yah!
  22. #22  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    I went ahead and got one. Got the 50 bucks. Why not? Time to get the wife set up and make it a 100.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    skatergirl likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    $50 offer just worked for me as well.

    Will this work at any tap and pay terminal or does that specific merchant need to have isis support?

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by adamhudson View Post
    $50 offer just worked for me as well.

    Will this work at any tap and pay terminal or does that specific merchant need to have isis support?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I was wondering the same thing but I set mine up last night and got the 50$ and used it at McDonalds this morning.
    Droid Maxx
    4.4.4

    US Navy CPO Ret
  25. #25  
    naudan's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly 3.9.1 (nex)

    Default Re: ISIS Wallet / Verizon $50 deal

    Quote Originally Posted by adamhudson View Post
    $50 offer just worked for me as well.

    Will this work at any tap and pay terminal or does that specific merchant need to have isis support?

    Posted via Android Central App
    OK so I happen to work for a toy retailer and was part of the ISIS implementation team so I can help answer some of these questions.

    1) ISIS Mobile Wallet should work at any NFC enabled store. Retailers don't have to do anything special on their end in order to accept PAYMENTS from normal credit cards. As long as the retailer accepts the card (Visa, AMEX, etc.) and have the NFC label (the 3 blue waves) then it will work.

    2) However, the 'benefit' of ISIS wallet comes with 'COUPONS/OFFERS' and LOYALTY CARDS that you will notice within the app. Only certain merchants have worked with ISIS thus far to enable their systems to accept NFC Coupons through ISIS (Toys R Us being one of them) and Loyalty cards. You will know which merchants have worked directly with ISIS by looking at the Merchants/Offers area.

    3) How do I find Merchants (retailers) with Offers that I can use? Open the application. On the top right you will see a + button. Select it and then press on Browse Offers. Right now, there is a $15 off $30 at Toys R Us, or $25 off a jambox at ATT. Select the offer, then select use selected offers now. At that point, your ready to go. When you scan your phone, the Offer + the Payment Card will be sent to the POS register. If you have an issue scanning at the POS, just leave your phone there a little longer than you think as it is passing more data when using a card + coupon at the same time.

    4) If I add different credit cards, can I switch them on the fly? Yes. Open the app, and then simply FLICK your finger right or left to the correct card. Once chosen, wait 3-4 seconds for the NFC to update, which will be noted when it says "Ready to Pay" above the card.
    Thanked by 5:
    skatergirl and Westiemom like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTS: Mint red verizon droid ultra...priced to sell
    By radyoactive in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 08:43 PM
  2. Post-4.3 Verizon Update - Seeking Knox Information
    By GSDer in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 10:39 AM
  3. AT&T SIM in an unlocked verizon phone.
    By DOOG9517 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 08:00 AM
  4. Is the Verizon OS the same as the other carriers?
    By JohnstonCrazy in forum Verizon HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 08:35 PM
  5. Using LTE and voice on Verizon note 3 on tmobile
    By dpham00 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions