Maxx root or no

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I recently just received my maxx and I'm loving it.I have a few questions though . I am on the Verizon edge plan which means I can get a new phone every 6months or every year... But I have too turn in my old phone . If I root my device will they not take my maxx. Is there a way to find out if you rooted or not . Any replies would be great also what are the major benefits to rooting I'm kind of a android noob

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Also I am confused about kitkat I hear people saying they already have it but my maxx has not done the update yet

KitKat started to roll out to the Droids earlier this week, at a minimum to the soak test group. Based on tweets from Verizon, the general staged roll out began as well. There is a huge thread regarding phones that have bricked during the update over at Motorola. Based on the response, I can only guess that they have paused further deployment until they can determine and fix the cause.

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
KitKat started to roll out to the Droids earlier this week, at a minimum to the soak test group. Based on tweets from Verizon, the general staged roll out began as well. There is a huge thread regarding phones that have bricked during the update over at Motorola. Based on the response, I can only guess that they have paused further deployment until they can determine and fix the cause.

Thank you

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I like being able to back up my entire phone on my terms. There are a few cosmetic reasons, and functionality access that are blocked but shouldn't be. Performance-wise, yeah, no tweaking needed.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon