1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Okay so I recently just received my maxx and I'm loving it.I have a few questions though . I am on the Verizon edge plan which means I can get a new phone every 6months or every year... But I have too turn in my old phone . If I root my device will they not take my maxx. Is there a way to find out if you rooted or not . Any replies would be great also what are the major benefits to rooting I'm kind of a android noob

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Androidaboveall; 12-21-2013 at 11:27 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Maxx root or no

Also I am confused about kitkat I hear people saying they already have it but my maxx has not done the update yet

Quote Originally Posted by Androidaboveall View Post
    Also I am confused about kitkat I hear people saying they already have it but my maxx has not done the update yet

KitKat started to roll out to the Droids earlier this week, at a minimum to the soak test group. Based on tweets from Verizon, the general staged roll out began as well. There is a huge thread regarding phones that have bricked during the update over at Motorola. Based on the response, I can only guess that they have paused further deployment until they can determine and fix the cause.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGator View Post
    KitKat started to roll out to the Droids earlier this week, at a minimum to the soak test group. Based on tweets from Verizon, the general staged roll out began as well. There is a huge thread regarding phones that have bricked during the update over at Motorola. Based on the response, I can only guess that they have paused further deployment until they can determine and fix the cause.
    Thank you

As far as I am concerned, this phone does not need to be rooted. It's fine stock.

I like being able to back up my entire phone on my terms. There are a few cosmetic reasons, and functionality access that are blocked but shouldn't be. Performance-wise, yeah, no tweaking needed.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.