Tracking kitkat: on Motorola Droid MAXX

TostedAlmond

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tracking kitkat:

For some reason every time I try to reboot in recovery mode the phone doesn't reboot and just stays off
Nevermind

Last edited:

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in California. Part of me wants the update but F this phone is pretty much perfect as it is right now

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I only have the option "update from sd card" and the update.zip file doesn't appear on the list for me

I saw the same thing. Just put the zip file in the root of your internal storage. It'll show up. Recovery didn't see the "sdcard" folder I created for some reason, but when I moved the file it worked fine.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the OTA is location specific. I noticed post #6 in Nashville had received it 12/21. I too live in Nashville & haven't gotten it yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
You will like the camera update.

I am finding the camera to be really blown out. I just manually updated to 4.4 and re-installed the camera update. Is there something I am missing? Also, I am not finding how to control anything more than moving the focus point.

Posted via Android Central App

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the OTA is location specific. I noticed post #6 in Nashville had received it 12/21. I too live in Nashville & haven't gotten it yet.

I'm poster #6 and I was part of the soak test. My husband, however, was not in the soak and he also got the update at the same time. (He has the Maxx and I have the Ultra.) Can't explain the rhyme or reason about the way it's going out or not going out. The update has been good for us and the only issues were some changed settings in Nova Launcher and having to sign into my Google account again. Husband didn't have to sign in again but did have to put some of his settings back the way they were in Nova. Other than that it's all good!

Naflsh

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone had experience in upgrading to kitkat when rooted on 4.2 w/ MotoRoot? When I accepted the camera update I stayed rooted, just wanted to know if anyone had issues. Still on Jellybean

Anyone try the MotoRoot after updating. Would it work or mess your phone up. I have been using its from the beginning and it even worked on 4.2.2 update that we got. I haven't done the update yet, kinda waiting for the real one to come out but I'm itching so bad i might do it tonight. Just looking to see if anyone has had luck with the quick Root.

Also anyone check to see if Google Wallet Tap and Pay works now with new update on verizon??

Last edited:

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm poster #6 and I was part of the soak test. My husband, however, was not in the soak and he also got the update at the same time. (He has the Maxx and I have the Ultra.) Can't explain the rhyme or reason about the way it's going out or not going out. The update has been good for us and the only issues were some changed settings in Nova Launcher and having to sign into my Google account again. Husband didn't have to sign in again but did have to put some of his settings back the way they were in Nova. Other than that it's all good!

I'm just waiting patiently. No big deal. Thanks

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Anyone try the MotoRoot after updating. Would it work or mess your phone up. I have been using its from the beginning and it even worked on 4.2.2 update that we got. I haven't done the update yet, kinda waiting for the real one to come out but I'm itching so bad i might do it tonight. Just looking to see if anyone has had luck with the quick Root.

Also anyone check to see if Google Wallet Tap and Pay works now with new update on verizon??

If you want to keep root with kit kat make sure you look at the XDA threads. It appears you have to do some steps before you accept the update. If you don't, there currently isn't a way to root a stock maxx on 4.4.

Google wallet worked on my verizon X after the upgrade. (I returned it in favor of the maxx)

Jeffrey Tarman

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I followed these instructions after reading everyone else's posts about KK. The only thing I did different was not create a folder called "sdcard" but rather just placed the update.zip file in "/" (root).

I have to say, it took about 10 minutes total time to do the update. I was running GEL prior and it kept it running when it was finished and I have transparency from top to bottom. Some of the icons are white and some still blue. Don't remember if it was always that
way, but I gotta say the phone is quicker and battery life is much better. Still run Clean Master to free up ram and it seems to eat up more with the apps.

But I suggest following the instructions if you're tired of waiting for the update. I'm attaching a screen shot of the transparency on my screen (the lwp is 500 Firepaper)

Screenshot_2013-12-28-23-29-31.jpg

cheek813

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I followed these instructions after reading everyone else's posts about KK. The only thing I did different was not create a folder called "sdcard" but rather just placed the update.zip file in "/" (root).

I have to say, it took about 10 minutes total time to do the update. I was running GEL prior and it kept it running when it was finished and I have transparency from top to bottom. Some of the icons are white and some still blue. Don't remember if it was always that
way, but I gotta say the phone is quicker and battery life is much better. Still run Clean Master to free up ram and it seems to eat up more with the apps.

But I suggest following the instructions if you're tired of waiting for the update. I'm attaching a screen shot of the transparency on my screen (the lwp is 500 Firepaper)

View attachment 98732

How did you get the transparent notification bar? Mine is still the same as it was on 4.2.2.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am finding the camera to be really blown out. I just manually updated to 4.4 and re-installed the camera update. Is there something I am missing? Also, I am not finding how to control anything more than moving the focus point.

I think controlling the focus point is what I was referring to, so, no, I don't think there are any other control features. For me, I find the pictures are much better now than when the phone was first released before even the first camera update.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing excessive awake time when the screen is off (since 4.4)?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Attachments

• 1388338046378.jpg
    1388338046378.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 60

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc