| || |
Re: Tracking kitkat:
That link works in guiding you to the download file. Below are the base instructions swiped from the above link that I modified to make it smoother, because if you miss something obvious, you'll be wondering what is wrong.
Originally Posted by rlmesq
1) download file to PC
2) extract zip file to your desktop.
3) once extracted, locate the Blur_Version.12.15.15.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US zip file
4) hook your phone to your PC and create a folder called "sdcard"
5) move Blur_Version.12.15.15.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US zip file into the "sdcard" folder.
6) rename this zip file "update.zip" (this step is probably optional, but just go with it.)
7) reboot phone in recovery mode (power off phone, hold VOLDN + PWR keys for a few seconds, release, select recovery)
8) wait for the green robot to show up with red triangle "!"
9) hold VOLUP and press PWR
10) select boot from SDcard, then navigate to the "update.zip" file and select it
11) phone reboots like nothing happened. This is OK.
12) repeat steps 8 through 10 (text on screen will be bigger this time around.)
13) reboot again when prompted and KitKat is installed.
Upon booting up a KitKatted MAXX for the first time, you'll likely be prompted to go to Google Play and update some apps. For me that included Touchless Control and Motorola Connect.