Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dhawk1202
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you believe in cases

I want to know whether or not to get a case for my week old maxx also should I get a screen protector I've dropped it once or twice and have no scratches on screen if u think I should get either what brand is best? Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

Default Re: Do you believe in cases

Quote Originally Posted by Androidaboveall View Post
    I want to know whether or not to get a case for my week old maxx also should I get a screen protector I've dropped it once or twice and have no scratches on screen if u think I should get either what brand is best? Thank you

Hahaha normally I would say no case, but since you've had it a week and dropped it a few times already, I would go ahead and cover that phone with armor. ;-)

Thanked by:
    sforsyth01 likes this.

Diztronic case with iSmooth screen protectors. Best screen protectors hands down if you want something reasonable. I used them on my Note 2 and Droid Maxx. I haven't put them on my Note 3 yet but I have a set on standby when my Verizon protector fails.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dhawk1202 View Post
    Hahaha normally I would say no case, but since you've had it a week and dropped it a few times already, I would go ahead and cover that phone with armor. ;-)

Haha yeah I'm clumsy thanks

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Diztronic case with iSmooth screen protectors. Best screen protectors hands down if you want something reasonable. I used them on my Note 2 and Droid Maxx. I haven't put them on my Note 3 yet but I have a set on standby when my Verizon protector fails.

Okay do they sell these at nearby by any chance

Okay do they sell these at nearby by any chance

Doubtful. I purchased both from Amazon.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

Verizon bumper case. It provides a little bit of protection for the edges & screen, but lets the carbon/Kevlar back show through.

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I always get a case because I sell my phones on ebay and try and keep them in great condition so the I can get the most for it. Mint condition phones go for a lot more than once that are banged up.

^This.

I've always used the clear screen protectors on my phones along with the High Gloss Silicon case from Verizon. It stretches just enough to slip over the phone, and it cushions a fall better than a plastic case IMHO. I still have my OG Droid Incredible, and it looks like it did the day I got it. That's after multiple drops, two of which where down a full flight of carpeted stairs with no padding and a concrete floor at the bottom. It makes a difference when you go to sell the phone and can list it in like new or excellent condition.

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I never get cases because the phones are huge these days as it is. I do pretty good not dropping them so so far so good. No big problems with the screen either. The protectors change the drag coefficient on the screens to be less easy to use.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

I have the otterbox defender and a screen protector. I want to ensure the screen stays in good shape and with my big hands the otterbox thickens it up nicely. But it is all about feel and different people may think my set up is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    ^This.

I've always used the clear screen protectors on my phones along with the High Gloss Silicon case from Verizon. It stretches just enough to slip over the phone, and it cushions a fall better than a plastic case IMHO. I still have my OG Droid Incredible, and it looks like it did the day I got it. That's after multiple drops, two of which where down a full flight of carpeted stairs with no padding and a concrete floor at the bottom. It makes a difference when you go to sell the phone and can list it in like new or excellent condition.
    The Verizon gel case fits too tight on the Maxx. I feel like it caused the creaking.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    The Verizon gel case fits too tight on the Maxx. I feel like it caused the creaking.

What's creaking? I'm kind of new here

What's creaking? I'm kind of new here

Every phone I put in the gel case caused my back kevlar to loosen and make annoying creaks and squeaks. I never had issues when using a Diztronic case though.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Oh okay ...yeah I've been hearing a lot of good things about diztronic so I'll be going with that

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts

I would definitely use a screen protector. I have found the Zagg line of protectors while not cheap work well. Also they come with a money back warranty. As for a case, since you have dropped your twice and admittedly are clumsy, I would recommend the Outer Box line. I use an Incipio model that is not so bulky but also does not provide the same level of protection.