1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook photo upload failing

The current android facebook app is version 3.9, which came out on December 24th. I'm not a big facebook user, but I do create the occasional post. Last time I used the app to upload a photo to facebook was on December 6th (pre kit kat upgrade), using what I assume was Facebook app version 3.8. Yesterday, Christmas day was the next time I tried to post a photo to facebook. i consistently got a message telling me that my upload failed. I tried it using two different wifi access points in two different places and also using 4G - always receiving the update failed result. I don't know if it is the Kit Kat upgrade, or the that I'm using the ART runtime, or if it is a problem with the facebook update.

Searchin on the web I found a work around that instructed me to downgrade to an earlier version of facebook. I found several older versions here:

So, I uninstalled the current facebook app and sideloaded Facebook version 3.7, which works just fine - uploads photos with no problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jim Capraro
    Last edited by jimcapraro; 12-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Facebook photo upload failing

Problem solved, I reset the runtime back to the Dalvik cache, updated my Facebook app to the latest version and now photo uploads work as they should.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Facebook photo upload failing

I discovered this issue today. My last successful upload was December 28th. I think I had an upload fail between then and now but I had chalked it up to a connectivity issue. Today I realized I couldn't upload over Wi-Fi or cellular. The weird thing is that not only could I not upload via the Facebook app but it also wouldn't work through the browser. Reverting back to dalvik fixed the issue for me too.

Posted via Android Central App