Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using non dominant hand

How many of you primarily use your non dominant hand for your phone? I have always used my dominant hand for my phone but I'm finding that having my dominant hand free would be very convenient.

Default Re: Using non dominant hand

I use my left hand (non dominant) to hold my phone. My right hand (dominant) is free to type, scroll etc

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Wait... Why are you making a whole new thread on the same topic from a couple posts down?

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocal View Post
    Wait... Why are you making a whole new thread on the same topic from a couple posts down?

Posted via Android Central App
    I asked how people use the phone with their left hand because the buttons are on the opposite side. I opened this thread asking how many people use their non dominant hand (left or right).

I hold it in either hand but only can type one handed with my right. If I type both handed I can sometimes do that but it's not easy on a small touch screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

For things like scrolling through screens or reading, I mostly use my non-dominant hand. I use both hands for any kind of typing, either holding my phone with my left, non-dominant hand, and typing with my right, or holding and thumb-typing using both hands. As phones get wider, I find that I have to return to two-handed, thumb typing for most things. Physical size is my only complaint with the MAXX, and so many phones that are available right now.