Using Foxfi or PDANET for internet access

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know the hotspot WIFI mode currently does not work with foxfi/PDANET. Does the Bluetooth mode work? I have read conflicting info and would like to know if anyone here has used Bluetooth mode with foxfi/PDANET or any other app. I will probably switch to a Maxx, but only using USB mode is a show stopper for me.

THX

Billy Sweeney

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I use pdanet for USB tethering and then on the PC app there is a WiFi share option that I know works as well.. I am not sure about Bluetooth though. I can test it when I get home this afternoon and let you know.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Billy Sweeney

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not replying earlier. I tested Bluetooth and it would connect to my tablet but it could not establish an internet connection.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have used Bluetooth on two different tablets and it does work but has limits. You can't run most apps that required a connection. Browsing the web works fine. You can get about a 2mb connection from it.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I used bluetooth and pdanet on my tablet when jb broke foxfi for awhile on my razr maxx. From what I recall I could read email and browse. It would not work with netflix however. Bily, when you tried to connect did you have pdanet installed on the tablet and start it before attempting a bluetooth connection? Ialso remember having to set a proxy IP address. I don't know if the new version works this way. I will go back and try using the bluetooth mode on my razr maxx. If it still works I will post the steps. The app on my tablet is pdanet tablet. Thanks umass and Billy

UPDATE: I followed the instructions for pdanet tablet and foxfi for phone. It works still. Thanks again umass, I can now seriously consider getting the maxx.

Last edited:

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I can also use wireless tethering also with the maxx but I am still on 4.2.2 and never got the KitKat update. I have heard that 4.4 breaks the WiFi tether feature when it does finally get pushed back out again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I get the maxx and it is on4.2.2 can I keep refusing to update to 4.4? That way it would preserve foxfi working in wifi mode.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Kit Kat WIFI mode does not work. I emailed FoxFi and here is there response to me:

Unfortunately your carrier has blocked WiFi mode in the latest phone
update. You can only use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead while
we look for any possible solutions.

Thanks,
June Fabrics PDA Software Support
June Fabrics PDA Technology Group

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey