moto assist with locked phone

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Got a quick question. I'm required by my job to have a lock on my phone because of corporate emails. I use a pattern lock for this. The situation I have is that when I'm driving and moto assist knows I'm driving, if I try to make a call or do any "Google now" stuff it tells me to unlock my phone to continue or say cancel. It's very inconvenient to have to enter a pattern lock when my phone is on the dash in its holder. Any suggestions out there? Am I doing something wrong??

Posted via Android Central App

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Your corporate exchange policy has it set as such. Nothing you can do to change that unless you work directly with exchange. My suggestion is to download "Touchdown" for your corp emails as it is an app driven email app and doesn't hold your phone hostage.

The only time you need to enter your pin is to just access emails.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My company requires an eight character password with at least one number, which is even harder to enter while driving. I connect to the Bluetooth in my car and have it set as a trusted device which allows my phone to stay unlocked while I'm in my car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have BT in my car. Maybe something with tasker might work. Does an official car dock have some way to tell the phone that it's in a car dock and doesn't lock itself?

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Your corporate exchange policy has it set as such. Nothing you can do to change that unless you work directly with exchange. My suggestion is to download "Touchdown" for your corp emails as it is an app driven email app and doesn't hold your phone hostage.

The only time you need to enter your pin is to just access emails.

Sent from my XT1080M (Droid Maxx) using Tapatalk 4 Pro

I use Touchdown for that very reason. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a lock on my phone but just guessing here, couldn't you set the phone to keep the screen on when plugged into the charger in the developer settings and then the screen should stay on... Provided you are plugging into a charger when you are in the car. And yes there is a magnet in the car dock to tell the phone when it is docked but I don't think it keeps the screen on for this phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, KitKat may fix this for you. It allows more things to do from a locked phone using Touchless Control, and you are supposed to be able to speak your PIN to unlock it for those things that you cannot do locked.

tpaulhill

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
How do I take the lock off of my phone. I've tried multiple times to remove it. I only have a choice between pin and pattern I can't use any of the other options

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I take the lock off of my phone. I've tried multiple times to remove it. I only have a choice between pin and pattern I can't use any of the other options

Do you have any employer installed security software on your phone? Mine disables everything except password.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app