Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skatergirl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Question About Droid Maxx Storage

I currently have a Droid Razr Maxx and my contract will run out in another month and I'm looking to upgrade to a Droid Maxx or a Samsung S4. I'm leaning towards the Droid Maxx, but a MAJOR turn off is the fact that it does not have a slot for an SD card. I read where there is a total of 65G of memory available for the phone through Google, but how does that work? My main reason for needing more than the available 32G on the phone is that I have a lot of music that I store on my SD card and would like to keep it that way. Does anyone know if I would be able to save my music onto the Google platform? If so, would I be able to access my music without it being considered streaming? I kind of like the Samsung S4, but I've read where there have been major problems with cracked screens and that is also a MAJOR turnoff for me. Please help!
    Last edited by aqsartin; 01-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Default Re: Question About Droid Maxx Storage

Quote Originally Posted by aqsartin View Post
    I currently have a Droid Razr Maxx and my contract will run out in another month and I'm looking to upgrade to a Droid Maxx or a Samsung S4. I'm leaning towards the Droid Maxx, but a MAJOR turn off is the fact that it does not have a slot for an SD card. I read where there is a total of 65G of memory available for the phone through Google, but how does that work? My main reason for needing more than the available 32G on the phone is that I have a lot of music that I store on my SD card and would like to keep it that way. Does anyone know if I would be able to save my music onto the Google platform? If so, would I be able to access my music without it being considered streaming? I kind of like the Samsung S4, but I've read where there have been major problems with cracked screens and that is also a MAJOR turnoff for me. Please help!
    There is (was?--don't know if it is still active) 50GB google drive promotion with the purchase of an X or the Droid line phones. One year free I think. That plus the 15GB you get (combination of gmail/drive) is the 65GB you're referencing. The phone itself has about 26GB available.

Anything you use from Google Drive (either copying files to your phone or streaming) will hit your data unless you're on wifi. That said, it doesn't seem to be a big hit. I stream google music around two hours every weekday (for my commute) and with my other usage, rarely go much above 2.5 GBs/month.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drvier8 View Post
    There is (was?--don't know if it is still active) 50GB google drive promotion with the purchase of an X or the Droid line phones. One year free I think. That plus the 15GB you get (combination of gmail/drive) is the 65GB you're referencing. The phone itself has about 26GB available.
    I activated my phone in mid-December. Got an extra free 50GB of storage for two years through the Google Drive promotion, bringing me from 15GB ot 65GB. If the promotion went away, it has been within the last two weeks.
    Thanked by:

gets you 50 GB free. I use Mega Dropbox and Google drive and they all work fine and give me more storage then I ever use.
    Thanked by:
    Lovin' My Phone

I had the very same concern because I have about 32 gbs of music. I sacrificed and cut my music back in my phone and I seriously don't notice the difference. I still have lots and lots of it and it all sits on the Amazon cloud player so it is available to me whenever I might need it.

That being said, it was a good trade off because the Maxx is awesome and you will LOVE the battery. It is an ALL DAY battery unless you start playing Hay Day all day long. Then you will need to stop and suck on the charger at least once during the day. Besides that, you can take pictures all day long, download them to cloud storage, play music, talk on the phone and still have some battery left at the end of the day.
    ~Janet~
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scallawag View Post

gets you 50 GB free. I use Mega Dropbox and Google drive and they all work fine and give me more storage then I ever use.
    Thanks, I got an account. Even with the massive file size on video on the Maxx, the auto camera uploading should have space.
    Thanked by: