KitKat BROKE 3 Important Features!!!

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
1. I use a Panasonic home phone system (DECT KX-TG78) that has 'Link-to-Cell.' It used to alert me when ever I would get a text. Since the 4.4 update, that has quit working. I used to be able to leave the phone in one place and not worry about missing an important text message. Now I have to carry the phone in my pocket all the time. Phone calls via Bluetooth still work over the Panasonic home phone ok. My girlfriend's iPhone 5 still text alerts over the Panasonic phone, so I know that the problem is not with the Panasonic phone. Also, when I look at the bluetooth pairing of my MAXX to the DECT KX-TG78, both "Phone Audio" & "Message Access - connected to map" show as checked.

2. The Bluetooth connection in my car cuts in & out, seemingly randomly. With 4.2 that never happened. The streaming music over Bluetooth is working ok, though.

3. According to other reports on this forum, PDAnet+ does not work with 4.4. I really, really need this app when I'm traveling.

Anybody have any help........ suggestions??

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried upairing your phone and your other device then pairing it again? This may take care of the problem. I've had no bluetooth issues at all. Mine is paired with two different bluetooth speakers, my VW GTi, and at least three other devices (ipads etc.)

PDAnet+ does not work unless you are tethering it. That is a bummer. I emailed them, this is their response:

"Unfortunately your carrier has blocked WiFi mode in the latest phone
update. You can only use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead while
we look for any possible solutions.

Thanks,
June Fabrics PDA Software Support
http://www.junefabrics.com"

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have any help........ suggestions??

For the BT problems, I would try unpairing and repairing everything. I had issues like that as well and repairing everything solved them all.

For the PDANet problem, switch to a share everything plan and use the native WiFi hotspot. Or buy a MiFi or something like that. If you really, really need it, then it must be worth paying for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon